8

Come, they said.
It will be fun, they said.

David took one look at the party that was in front of him. It was a typical party at the University of Southern California: girls half naked dancing along to the latest top forty hits, guys either behind girls grinding or chugging beer from a keg and all of them smoking pot. David had done drugs in the past but had decided to stop because he had seen drugs do some nasty things to people.

"Hey babes!" Corinna smiled and hugged each of them, her hug with Alex lingering just a little bit longer than the others. Corinna was the one who told them about this party happening tonight.

"So where is the booze?" Dom clapped his hands together, and Corinna pointed to a massive group of people. Dom made a beeline and Alex followed him, with Corinna's eyes following Alex.

"What's up with you, David? This is the first time you have hit me up to party in months." He had tossed his friendship with Corinna to the side a tiny bit while he was trying to get back with Liza. She had stuck by him though, and for that he was grateful.

"Oh I'm fine. I'm just really over the whole Liza crap and could really use a night out." David pulled his hat down a little on his head and Corinna smiled. She had missed the fun loving part of David, the one that always was down for a good time.

"Well, we will get you that good time tonight. Come on." Corinna pulled David to the center of the dance floor and after trying to introduce him with the music volume way above the safe volume, they all let loose and enjoyed the atmosphere. David was enjoying the party. He hadn't been downtown in quite a while. He had always enjoyed USC. Maybe he should go back to college.

"Nice to see you joking around, David." He laughed to himself. Yeah he was never going back to college.