III

She had left home without saying goodbye.

She felt it was for the best of both her and her father, as she knew they would both have trouble parting.

And here she was, in front of the five men that all the girls were squealing about.

Didn't really live up to the hype, in her opinion, but they were good looking.

If she had to choose one, it would probably be the oldest one. He was around her age, and he was pretty hot.

Really hot.

She kinda understood how all these fangirls felt.

Shiro was the first paladin whose name she remembered.

He was really cool and wise, too, and his deep voice was enough to open any girl's flood gates in the blink of an eye.

But don't get the wrong idea.

He was some serious eye candy, but she wouldn't fall for someone that easily.

As for the others...

They were interesting.

Pidge was cute. She became friends with her very easily, and they both talked to each other a lot.

Hunk was really friendly. She tried his cooking, as they had lunch together right after they met, and she could openly admit that that was single-handedly the best thing she'd ever eaten. He was a cooking god.

Keith was quiet, but nice. He was a good guy to be around, so to speak. A good colleague, too.

Lance was... flirty. Really flirty. That eyebrow wiggling thing? Yeah, that. That was kinda unsettling. But other than that, she could tell he had a lot of potential, and he was a good friend nonetheless.

They all questioned her about the cloth around the bottom half of her face, of course, but she thought nothing of it.

◇◇◇

"Alright. Before I begin your first lesson, I'll need to assess your skills," [Y/N] says, pacing back and forth. The paladins were all lined up in front of her, neat and orderly.

She felt confident in her abilities, so...

"Fight me, all at once. And don't hold back."

"Wait, wait, wait. You expect me to try and hit a girl?" Lance asks.

"Don't be fooled by my appearance, Lance," she says back. "'Don't hold back' is what I said. And by that, I mean I want you to come at me with the full intent of killing me."

"What?!"

"Go ahead and try to do whatever you want. Go for shooting me, stabbing me, whatever you want. Whatever you think'll kill me easier." [Y/n] pauses. "But I guarantee that I won't even get a scratch."

She grins.

"You may begin!"

As soon as they recieved the signal, they all rushed at her, weapons ready.

[Y/n] swiftly jumps away, but doesn't unsheathe her weapon yet.

"That all you got?" She mocks, sticking out her tongue.

Lance realizes his bullets would be too slow to hit her, so he goes for a punch.

She moves to the side to dodge it, and kicks him away to the floor.