I walk back to my grandfather and uncles house and the second I walk through the door, I'm bombarded with questions from Axe.

"Where have you been? What took so long? Why didn't you answer my text?" He rapid fires at me.

"I was telling my dad about the meeting, he had some questions, and I was on my way back and if I'm completing the task I won't respond to the commander." I say, texting my dad and telling him that I made it back. He may not car, but I always text the person I just left and let them know I'm safe. It's something mom always made me do when I was younger.

"Honey! Is that you?" Mom yells from the living room.

"Yeah mom!" I say walking into the room followed by Axe.

"How was your meeting Sweetie?" Mom asks smiling. Marcus smiles at her and Andrew does too, obviously happy to see her so happy. Jason is also there and he makes eye contact with me and smiles, obviously happy to see his wife's eyes.

"It was pretty good. Everything is set up and it will be carried out tomorrow." I say crossing my arms and standing with my feet shoulder length apart.

"You sound like you're about to carry out a hit." Jason says chuckling. I stay silent for a moment and Andrew looks at me with raised brows.

"You're not actually carrying out a hit right?" He asks with wide eyes. I can't help but smile and chuckle deeply at him.

"No I just have another meeting set for tomorrow and mom has to accompany me so we won't be able to com over tomorrow. And I have a couple things to do so it may just be mom and a guard for a couple of days." I explain looking between the three boys.

"Ok Sweet Heart. Just make sure to come visit again before you leave." Grandpa Marcus says with a sad smile. I can see it on all their faces. I know that their sad that they missed out on my childhood and they want to make up for it, but what they don't know is that I won't be that far away.

"I'll make sure to." I say with a smile.

"I hate to interrupt but we do have to go." Axe says somewhat apprehensive. He doesn't want to break up the family reunion but he also has work to get done.

"Of course." Grandpa Jason says, standing up to walk us all to the door. "Alpha Axe, It was wonderful to see you again. Ladies, I hope to see you some time this week. Now I'll also make my leave as I have to go speak with my son about some business."

We all say our goodbyes and walk to the point were the boys are supposed to meet us and see them waiting. The car ride back Isi mostly silent and mom doses off on my shoulder. I would have dozed off too had it not been for the fact that I wasn't 100% comfortable with the area. I'll have to go on a wolf run tonight. When we made it back to the pack house and got mom inside, again me laying her down for a nap and I went to the office to talk to Axe. It was just the two of us in his office so we were allowed to be a little more open with everything but we still had to remain on business.

"Where'd you go?" He asks, taking a deep breath and releasing it in a sigh.

"I went to inform my father of the meeting. He ended up having a few questions and I stayed longer than I expected. I would never lie to you. Which is why I'm telling you that I have a secondary meeting with him the day after tomorrow." I say. Omission of the truth is still wrong in my eyes.

"Why? I was hoping  me and you could find some time to hang out." He says whining a little in playfulness and giving me a slight pout before it changes to a smile.

"I was hoping too as well, but I have to ask him a  couple of questions and I want tomorrow to be about him getting answers." I say in sincerity. I can always trust him to be someone I can put my guard down around.

"What did I do to deserve you? I must have been a saint in a past life." He says after a moment of just looking at me.

"I was wondering what you did to deserve someone as bad as me." I say with a chuckle.

"Please tell me that you don't actually think bad about yourself?" He asks. When I don't answer he scoffs and looks at me as if I've grown three heads. "You are one of the best people I know of and I've only known you for three days."

"Maybe that's the problem."

"In the three days I've known you, you have taken care of your mother as if you were the mom, you've done everything you can to help out around the house, even though you're the guest, you've handled the children like it's no ones business, and you've proven yourself to be a wonderful Luna. After you left today, your mom spent an hour talking about how amazing you are and how much she loves you and everything you've ever achieved and do you know how hard it was to not show how much love I feel for you in those moments? I know things that your mom told that I don't know if you would have told me. She told me about so many things you did when you were younger that were just instinctive for you. You are a wonderful person and will make a marvelous Luna when you are given the chance. So yes, what did I do to deserve you? What did I do to deserve the most amazing women to ever grace the earth with her presence?" He says getting up and walking towards me with every declaration. When he finishes, he's standing directly in front of me, leaning forward to look me in the eye.

After a speech like that, I can't help but lean forward. He looks at me in amazement and then looks down towards my lips. His breath catches and I know mine does too. He looks back into my eyes and takes a deep breath before speaking.

"May I?"

"Please." I say without a moments hesitation.

The light feeling of something warm against my lips happens not a moment later. I add a little more pressure and can't help but close my eyes when I feel his palm on my cheek. He pulls away a moment later and I open my eyes to see the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.

"Wow." He says and releases a breathy laugh. I smile and release a breathy chuckle of my own.

"Definitely wow." I say, grinning like the cat that got the canary.

We are split apart by and knock at the door and a grinning Whiskey.

"Congratulations." He says with a gleam of pride in his eyes.

"How'd you know?" Axe asks have stood back a little bit. He's now leaning against this desk as if we had just been having a casual discussion.

"Consent even in the littlest things." Whiskey and I quote in sync. Whiskey turns to grin at me and I wink at him. HE points at his ears and says "Wolf hearing. Dinner's ready"

The rest of the night is a casual dinner followed by a short run around his pack and then off to bed. Everything was rather casual and I'm glad because tomorrow is going to be more stressful and I'm concerned for mom. Axe and I don't meet that night. We spend the night resting and I personally dream about the kiss. I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed the chapter, because I certainly enjoyed writing it.
Let me know if you see an issue and, as always...

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!