"I been hearing stuff about the socs leaving you alone, Kaylee." Johnny says. 

"Well yeah. That guy that kept messing with me said he ain't gonna bother me or any of our gang no more." 

"About time," Ponyboy mumbles. 

"Yeah," I agree.

"I wish he'd tell some of his buddies that." 

"It's cool. Give what we get, right?" Dally says. I shrug. I guess he's right, but if we keep doing that, we'll all still be nowhere. It's kinda useless. It all is. 

We get to the fence as the sky's already dark. Cars are parked everywhere as the movies play on the giant screens. The boys crawl through the hole in the bottom. Man, I wish Dallas would just do something the legal way for once. I get on my back and slip through the fence. Ponyboy helps me up. 

This kinda reminds me of last time I came. Last time, the boys jumped into a fight to defend fellow greasers. Then me, Johnny, and Ponyboy, being the ones that stayed back, got jumped too. It was an awful night. I shudder at the reminders. 

"You okay?" Ponyboy asks. I nod. 

"Yeah... I- I'm fine." 

"You look cold." He starts to take off his jacket I previously handed him after we left. 

"No it's okay. Keep it," I insist. He rolls his eyes and gives the oversized jacket to me anyway.

"Hey, Ponyboy?" 

"Yeah?" 

"What movie are we watching anyway?" I ask. He shrugs. 

"Looks like 'Rosemary's Baby'?" he answers in more of a question as he reads the title on the screen. 

"You're gonna sit by me right?" He nods and smiles as we sit down in the chairs. Johnny sits between me and Dally.  The movie begins to play as I cuddle into Ponyboy's jacket. I take a good look at what's going on around us. I've started doing this just in case we've gotta make a quick escape. I guess being here long enough can teach you that you need to always be on your toes even if you don't want to.  I feel someone's fingers touch mine. Then a hand takes a tight grip on my hand. I look down at my small hand wrapped in Ponyboy's. I look at him with a scared look on my face. What if Dal sees? He'll rat us out for sure. Johnny can keep a secret. He's good at it. But is Ponyboy thinking straight? 

"It'll be alright," he mouths. I smile and turn back to the movie. I begin to get into it. This movie is pretty strange and creepy.  Something thumps me in the back of the head. I hear laughter and turn around. Ponyboy turns his head as he sees me doing the same. I glare at five socs a couple rows behind us. I turn straight ahead again and angrily sigh. 

"Great. Looks like trouble's looking for us," I mumble.  After a few minutes, something cold and hard hits the back of my head again. I feel the collar of the jacket and feel ice. I throw it disgustedly back at them. It hits one of them in the eye. 

"Nice shot," Johnny says amused. I laugh to myself. It was a nice shot.  I begin to wonder how long we'll stay. They're gonna play two movies tonight. I'm assuming it'll be until midnight. Darry told us to be home around then, but I bet we'll stay as late as we can. I guess I'll have to put up with those socs until we leave or until me or one of the others kick their faces in. They're starting to get on my nerves. 

I think about the movie instead of the socs. Apparently this girl named Rosemary and her husband move into like this haunted apartment. She starts having these weird dreams, and one is where she's being, well, forced to do "things" by something inhuman. She figured out she's pregnant. Her neighbors give her a potion, and her friend admits their neighbors are in a coven of witches. She realizes she's been victimized, and she then has a healthy baby that turns out to be satan...  This is just too weird.