34. Familiar face

Start from the beginning

"Dead? Yeah. Well I'm not so..." After a few seconds of awkwardness, Samara's phone started vibrating.
"Sorry I-I have to go. Uhm it was nice meeting you."
Alison didn't even have time to answer before the other blonde left the room.

Alison sighed deeply and Melina came inside the room again.
"Hey is everything okay?"

"She knew me. From Rosewood, apparently she heard a lot about me being dead." Alison said as she sitted down on a chair.
Melina gave her an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry Ali. God I mean you're miles and miles away from that place and it still finds a way to affect you."

Alison chuckled at that,
"You can leave Rosewood, but Rosewood never leaves you."
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Hey Coach." Sophie said as she passed through Emily on the school's hall.
"Hi."

Everyone loved Emily. And she felt really good there. The tryouts for the team had already been made, Emily had the help of Mrs. Morgan to put some order with all the girls since it was Emily's first time.
The brunette was surprised to see so many girls there for the tryouts, unfortunately only 15 of them could be accepted. And Emily was pretty sure there was almost 30 of them.

There was one girl that really stood out. Her name was Lyla Peters. She was a red head girl with green eyes. She looked cute and was definitely the fastest on the tryouts. One part of the tryouts was to swim 200 Freestyle, Emily still remembered that her best time in that was 1:37, and Lyla made a time of 1:39. Emily was really impressed, and she knew this girl had been training a lot to be at this shape.

Emily entered the room where all the teachers drank their coffee or tea during the breaks.
"Hey Mrs. Smith, would you mind if I asked you a question?" Emily asked the old lady, one of the mathematics teacher.
"Of course." Emily sit down on the table as the old lady drank her tea.
"Lyla Peters, she's one of your students right?"

Mrs. Smith nodded,
"Yes, she is. Why?"

"It's just that she went to the tryouts and she was really impressive." Emily told the lady who didn't seemed surprised at all. In fact the teacher smiled.
"I'm not surprised. You see Lyla is very special. Her life isn't easy, she always had problems at home, her mom is never present, but that never stopped her from having good grades and being a sweet girl to eveyone."

Emily smiled too, she felt like she'd like Lyla a lot. Maybe she really found a new Emily Fields in this new school.

As the day ended Emily made her way home. She got a message from Mel saying that her and Ali were at the Rose and Emily went there to meet them.

"Hey girls." The brunette said as she reached the table where her girlfriend and her bestfriend were sitting.
She kissed Alison before taking a seat next her on the couch.

"Hey, how was your day?" Alison asked as she moved closer to her brunette.
"Good, I found out a little more about that girl Lyla. I think she's really going to be a good one."

"That's good. I'm happy you're enjoying your work." Alison said looking up at Emily.
The brunette pecked her lips and than looked at Melina,
"And how was your day girls? Lot of work?"

Melina and Alison looked at eachother, Mel wasn't really sure if Alison wanted to tell Emily about who she met today and Ali wasn't sure if there was any need to tell.
Before she could answer, the waitress came and Emily ordered an Americano.
After that she looked back at the two girls.
"So?" She asked again.

Alison moved a little and looked at her hands.
"We had a meeting today with a girl that knew me."

"Knew you? From where?" Emily asked confused.
"She knew me from Rosewood. Apparently she heard a lot about me and about what happend." Alison sighed again.

"Oh..." Emily said as she looked at Melina who gave her an apologetic smile. She knew how all this Rosewood stuff still affected Emily, and since it all began with Alison she could imagine it affected her a lot too.

The waitress came back and gave Emily her coffee.
"Well who is she? You didn't recognize her?" Emily asked as she was going to take a sip of her coffee.
"No, I just know that her name is Samara Cook."

As soon as Alison said that name, Emily literally chocked on her coffee. She started coughing and Alison stood straight to help her girlfriend.
After a few minutes Emily finally calmed down.
"Did-did you say Samara? Are you sure?" She asked looking at Ali, a hand on her chest from all the coughing.

"Yeah why? You know her?" Alison asked curiously.

Emily swallowed and looked between Alison and Melina who from seeing her friend's face realized something herself.

Samara Cook from Rosewood.

"Holy shit!"