Would You Do It?

Harry

Quidditch trails were over which left me with the hard choice of deciding who was going to be on the team. But I don't have to do that just yet. 

We were in the common room. It was late, most people had gone to bed so the room was empty. Jason was still in the hospital wing, but Madam Pomphrey told us that he would recover from his concussion and fractured skull over night (with a little magic). Nico, Ron, Hermione and I were in the common room together. Nico was sitting off to the side near the fire falling asleep in the armchair and Hermione was studying. Ron kept looking up from his homework at me, as if my facial expression would tell him if he got a place on the team. After about the tenth time I saw him look up, I snapped. 

"Stop it, Ron! If you get a place on the team, I'll tell you when I decide." I told him. Hermione looked up from her paper and glared at Ron. She nudged him with her elbow.

"Sorry, Harry. Just nervous." Ron apologised. 

"S'alright, Ron. Sorry I snapped."

"It's alright Harry, we kind of expected it from you," Hermione said sweetly. 

"Excuse me?" I asked her. What did she mean 'expected this from me'?

"Well," She looked over at Ron for help but he looked away from her. She sighed. "After what happened in the ministry, we decided that any outburst from you was from grief."

"I'm sorry?" I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks. They thought I was still grieving? That's not fair! Sure, I was upset, but that doesn't mean that whenever I snap at them it should be excused as 'grief'. I have a temper that should be addressed sometimes, and I think that they shouldn't see me as fragile.

"You're still upset about, Sirius." Ron said bluntly. 

"Ron!" Hermione scolded him. 

"No, it's alright," I said, standing up, "He's right. I am still grief-stricken from when the only family member I had left died, so you should definitely treat me as if I'm glass and I'll shatter into pieces if you say the wrong thing!" My voice rose as I talked. I couldn't hold it in. Yes, the only person I considered family died, but I was not a child. They don't need to constantly watch what they say in front of me. I left the room in a huff. I probably over reacted, but a lot has been going on. Dumbledore's ignoring me, Draco's ignoring me (which only meant that he was up to no good) and now my friends are treating me like a child. I made it upstairs to my dormitory, but I didn't make it into the room. I collapsed outside the door and hugged my chest. 

Sirius was gone. 

And he was never coming back. 

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I realised what it meant. My godfather was gone. He would never joke with me, I wasn't going to receive any letters from him, nothing. He was dead. I let out a quiet sob when I remembered when I had first seen him smile.

"I understand, of course, if you want to stay with your aunt and uncle, but... well... think about it. Once my name is cleared... if you wanted a... a different home?"

"What - live with you? Leave the Dursley's?" 

"Of course, I thought you wouldn't want to, I understand. I just thought I'd-"

"Are you mad? Of course I want to leave the Dursley's! Have you got a house? When can I move in?" 

His face broke into the most genuine smile. It made him look ten years younger, and for a moment, he was the man smiling at my parents wedding.

Of course, I hadn't moved in with him. I had to stay with my aunt and uncle because his name was never cleared. But at least I still had someone to talk to. I could send him letters, and laugh at the stories he would tell and the names he would sign with. For those years, the Dursley house actually felt similar to a home when I read the letters. Now I would never get another one. 

I felt a hand on my back and I turned quickly to see Nico crouched behind me. I didn't care that he was different, because he was the friend that I needed in this moment. From what I had learnt last Christmas, he had a sister until she died. He knows how it feels to have a family member die. He knows how lonely it can feel. I threw my arms around him and cried into his shoulder. He rubbed my back in comfort. 

"Hey," He whispered and I pulled away to look at him, "If you there was a chance you could see Sirius again, would you?" 

Would I? Of course I would! But that doesn't matter because Nico can't make that happen, right?

I nodded in response, not trusting my voice. 

"Well then, go to bed. Tomorrow morning, meet me in the common room at dawn." Nico told me and stood up. 

"Wh-What?" But he was already gone. His dormitory door (that he shared with Will, Jason and Percy) closed quietly. I slowly stood up, trying to ignore the throbbing pain in my chest that was caused from crying so hard, and walked into my dorm. 

A/N

GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

MY FRIEND SENT ME THIS A COUPLE OF MINUTES AGO FROM BABYSITTING HOGWARTS

I CANNOT STOP SQUEALING

THANK YOU THANK YOU

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO IS READING MY STORIES

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE VOTING AND COMMENTING, IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME TO SEE THAT MY STORY IS SUCCEEDING

When I first decided to write Babysitting Hogwarts, it was purely for my own enjoyment. I didn't expect anyone to read it. I loved reading the crossovers where Percy went to Hogwarts, but I found it frustrating that there wasn't enough drama when they revealed that they were demigods (I love me some good ol' drama) I had a lot of ideas of what could happen, so I went 'Imma write my own' AND NOW LOOK AT IT. 

GUUUUUUUUYYYYYYSSSSSSSS

I'm sorry, I'm just so happy. 

Love you all, 

~pearjam