“Sh*t, Aisha!” I heard Shane say as I felt a person kneel next to me.  

“Her leg…” a voice was saying, “Is it broken?”

“No, it was just twisted. I was helping her to class. Does that hurt?”

My tightly closed eyes flew open as a hand pressed down on my foot.

“F*ck yes, you idiot!” I was yelling, amazed at his stupidity.   

“Don’t touch it, you idiot!” she was saying, equally annoyed.

Shane cringed. “Sorry. “ But he wasn’t saying it to me. He was looking at her- Jules.

“What the hell are you guys waiting for. Jordan, help Shane get her to the nurse’s office.” The girl bending next to Jules nudged Jordan forward and soon I was doing that drag-wobble-limp down the hallway again to the nurse’s office.

Now, when it comes to hate, I’m not biased. I hate everyone and all things equally. But there’s a thing about hospitals, and all its variants like the puke smelling nurse’s room I was currently  lying in, that I particularly had a very, very, very, almost close to nought, tolerance for. And our school nurse Mrs. Graham wasn’t helping the situation.

What ‘s the deal with nurses and shoving stuff in front of your eye and expecting you not to blink. Hello, its a reflex!

“You’re not helping yourself dear, “ she told me.

“And how exactly is you shoving a light in my eye benefiting my broken leg? No disrespect Nurse G. but the excruciating pain in my freaking foot it is making it hard to stay sane!” I exclaimed.

Her eyes shot heavenwards and I heard her mutter as she wrote, “No concussion, unfortunately.” Out loud she said, “Bare with it. It’s part of the process for the hospital. That way you won’t have to writhe in pain while waiting for the formalities to be carried out. “

I managed a fake smile. She was so freaking thoughtful, wasn’t- “Wait, did you just say hospital?” My eyes widened in horror. “O god! It’s really broken?!”

“It definitely needs an x-ray.”

About an hour later I was in the hospital making a bargain with God. “Okay, I know that the last time I said some pretty meaningless stuff and made some promises that I was never going to keep. And I know that I got Darren’s video games confiscated and that I ruined my driver’s ed teacher’s car. And I know that I stole Alexa’s kit kat’s and I know that I’ve been tormenting Shane on Wattpad, but hey the sucker asked for it. Besides its not my fault that he was born of a witch- But anyway, I would really like to swim and play this season and I can’t do that if my foot’s broken.

“So, I guess what I’m trying to say is, karma’s a bitch, but please don’t let her be a bitch to me. Just this once. I’m really trying to be a nice person. I endured that whole doctor’s session without once telling that guy that he like really needed a shower-”

“Gee. How observant Ms. Pierce.”

My eyes flew open and I nearly rolled off the bed as I saw the doctor standing over me. “Sh*t! How much of that did you hear?”

He moved around the bed with an envelope in his hand. “Enough to know that there was no one in the bible named Mary J. Blige.”

I chuckled slightly. “I’m not exactly religious. But I’m not an atheist neither. I believe, really I do!”

“Ms. Pierce, you sprained your ankle recently, right?”

“On Saturday.”

“Yet you went to school today.”

“You don’t know my parents. They even sent a chauffeur to make sure I went. “ The same guy who was responsible for me spraining my foot in the first place. And now that I was thinking about it, it was his fault I was in this hospital room with Dr. McSmelly! He’d been insisting on being my crutches but then he’d just dropped me as soon as that Jules chick showed up! What the hell was his deal with her anyway?!

My little head rant came to a dramatic pause as soon as I heard Dr. McSmelly say the one dreaded word- ’cast’. And soon I was glaring at the white cage around my ankle as I waited for my dad to pick me up from the hospital.

I was concentrating so hard thinking about the different methods of torture I was going to use on the idiot Shane that I didn’t even hear my name being called until a hand tapped me from behind.

“What?!” I turned around so sharply that the old guy jumped back startled and threw his hands up in the air. He was quivering and his eyes darted down to his dentures and back to my face and he pointed to receptionist desk.

“Oh,” I said, softening my glare. “But dude, you should keep that in your mouth. That’s just nasty.” I grabbed my crutches and hobbled over to the front desk to check out of there. Hopefully, if I ever had to come back it would be to put Shane in a body bag.

“Alicia, you look terrible!”

I deadpanned. Don’t tell me that is who I think it is.

“When your dad called me I rushed right over,” Bethany said with that stupid look of pity on her face.

Somebody, shoot me.

~ U P D A T E ~ 11/07/14 

I probably should have mentioned this when I posted but I'm looking for a new book cover. Anyone interested you can head over to this thread to find the details--->http://www.wattpad.com/forums/discussion/comment/22743104/#Comment_22743104

There is a payment for the one I choose and the runners up.  Also the deadline will be Saturday 12th July, which is tomorrow (Yeah, I had to say that since we lose track of dates during the summer). 

Even if you don't make a cover you can help the decision by voting on them on the thread. 

A/N: Hey guys! So I'm not dead (as you can see). I just wanted to say thank you for your undying support for this story even though its been months since I updated. I'm really sorry about that but I needed to take a break from wattpad to concentrate on the studies. Now I've graduated (Yay me!) and hopefully, I won't have to take such a huge break. So expect updates more frequently than once every eight months. 

On another note, again, THANK YOU! I was psyched when I logged on and saw that huge increase in reads/votes/comments! I was so shocked that it took me an entire month to recover. Seriously. I had writer's block for a month! 

Look forward to some wattpad fun in the next chapter! 

Goodnight/day!

-Summer ^_^