namjoon makes it back home that afternoon with a small pang in his chest and an acceptance letter from the (unbeknownst to him yet) school of his dreams.

as soon as his mother gets released from the office, they begin the process of moving namjoon out of the house. they start by packing his suitcase, which end up being mostly designer clothes from his mom's company. and then it's the endless boxes of books, sketchbooks, magazines and art supplies. his mom makes him pick out his favorite two books and get rid of the ten plus boxes of books lined up against the walls. (he packs a few hidden extras in his suitcases when she isn't looking).

when all is said and done, the room is left in all of its bareness, a naked bed frame, an empty dresser, and the remaining boxes of items to taunt him. namjoon's mother insists on sending him to the academy as soon as possible, so he makes it to the academy three days before his requested time slot was given.

it takes forty minutes for namjoon and his mom to get to the academy, crossing over several bridges and going up multiple sloping mounds before pulling up to the front gates. the school itself sits upon a large mountain about fifteen minutes from downtown san francisco. the front gates faced away from the city, with a large parking lot and car loop right before the main gate.

the two park close to the sidewalk in order to unload the boxes and suitcases. a large man, a few men and a preppy student wait by the gates to greet namjoon's mom. the men grab the boxes and suitcases to place them in the dorm room. the large man ends up being the principal and hustles namjoon's mom off for paperwork. it's just namjoon and the student, and boy, is it awkward.

"welcome to cascata boy's academy. my name is sandeul and i'm going to be your tour guide for this journey. you must be kim namjoon, the new scholarship kid." the kid uses his id card under the scanner for the large bronze gates to swing open. he has shorts on and a plaid blue shirt with his name tag pinned to the pocket, completely different than the plain green uniform his mother bought for him online.

"let's start here- i mean, this is the main hall, after all." sandeul leads the new student down a wide cement pathway from the bronze gates before opening the door to the first building on the path's way. it stands there in all of its red brick glory, golden lettering adorning it's front. 'main hall'. huh.

"this door leads to the cafeteria. most of the guys go here unless their parents send enough money to dine elsewhere, aka outside of the gates. you scan your card at the end of the line to pay. it's an uncomplicated system that i have a pamphlet for at the end of your tour. oh, this is the main office." he never stops talking as they walk down the dimly lit hallway and down to the opposite end.

"that's the student store. it sells things you will probably need, like a gym uniform, binders, calculators, whatever you need. i'm sure you get it. counseling center is usually for scheduling and college application crap. some of the younger kids go here for separation anxiety or mental health stuff. and this-" sandeul opens the door to a large auditorium and then promptly closes it. namjoon doesn't even get to see the whole room. "is the auditorium. theater kids usually meet here for theater activities like plays, musicals, improv, stage crew, what have it. band kids perform here every month, and i think the dance kids have their semester assessments in here. i don't really pay attention."

namjoon stands there, watching the pale fluorescent lights flicker in the hall. through the window of the door, he can see a blonde boy dart on stage and begin to pour his body into a dance. there's no audible music, yet the boy easily lifts his legs and sways his arms to a beat only he knows. and namjoon can only stand there in awe with his frizzy, curly hair in his eyes and glasses smeared with fingerprints. namjoon is nowhere near as graceful or elegant as the dancing boy on stage.