{Chapter 15}

Not Edited

I dialed my dad's number. I can't deal with this anymore.

My dad answered on the third ring, "Hello, Madison. Is that you?" Rolling my eyes I respond.

"Obviously, who else would be calling you from this number." Irritation oozing from me.

"I see you still have that smart mouth of yours. Tell me, how's your mother? And on that, why don't you mind telling me where you guys are?"

"Why, just so you can take me from mother? I will never tell you where we are! So leave me the fuck alone!"

"Look honey I'm done with all the back talking and shit. I will find you! And when I do you'll have no choice but to come back. And let me tell you the next time you see me, the meeting won't be so pleasant." And with that the line cut off leaving me staring at my phone in pure shock.

He's never talked to me like that in my life. That voice sounded so... dangerous. I've only heard him talk like that to people he does business with.

"Are you ok? You ran up the stairs and slammed the door. And I heard you yelling." I turned to my mom's concerned voice and her face deflated, "Omg! Baby what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I touched my face and realized I was crying. "Nothing Mom, I was just talking to Dad. And asking how he was doin-." My voice cracked as I lied to my mother. "I'm fine. I just.." Here comes the lying again. "I just miss Dad that's all." I sighed.

Mom's face softened. I hate lying to her, it's just that she doesn't know what Dad does anymore or why I came back. He's changed since she's really talked to him. She doesn't know Dad is the one on the tv that's been murdering people left and right. And I'm trying to keep it that way. I don't want her to find out about this.

"Awe baby come here. My precious baby you know he misses you too right."

Yea sure he misses me being by his side and helping him do his dirty work. "Ya, I know Mom." We sat there for a short period of time in complete silence while I was trying to find a way to get off this subject. "So Mom how's Harry I haven't seen him in a while". 

She suddenly became tense and her breathing became quick. She was hidng something and I would like to know what. "Momma, what are you hiding? Did something happen between the two of you? Ohmygosh, no way! Are you two... dating?" She instantly gasp and jumped up from the my bed.

"Who told you? Or better yet how do you know? Wait I'm the grown up here, so if I'm dating someone then it's none of your business. And plus It's nothing serious yet we just started dating only last week so we have to see where it goes first before anything serious happens." My mom was a complicated woman and sometime I don't understand her but right now in this moment I just had to do the only thing that hasn't came naturally for me lately. I laughed. And I laughed real hard too. I'm pretty sure my mom thinks I'm crazy half of the time but who cares. 

"Mom I'm not mad that you are dating Harry, actually I was wondering when he would ask you. I was about to start setting the two of you up myself. Harry is a nice guy, and I'm pretty sure he's in love with you." She began to blush and shake her thick, dark. hair. "Yes Mom, I'm telling you if Harry knew you're just as in love with him as he is with you then he would probably ask you to marry him."

"Okay stop being over dramatic we just started dating." She shrugged. 

"So what, but you guys have also known each other for a very long time. He basically used to change my diapers." I'm telling the truth my mom and dad used to be really good friends with Harry back in college.