We're going to Queensland!

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, thankyou for flying Tiger Airways. On behalf of our staff, pilot and crew we wish you the smoothest and safest ride today. It will be at the most 2 hours flight to Queensland Gold Coast." Said the man.

"WE'RE GOING TO QUEENSLAND!" Sahel squealed.

As the plane started to run, it was fast and pretty exciting. But as it took off it left a slight funny feeling in our stomaches. We were finally on a smooth path above the clouds. Everything looked so beautiful, greenlands and houses as we flew over Melbourne.

"This is amazing!" I said as we all put on our sunglasses.

"Lets order some food!" Said Sahel.

Was I surprised? No. She's always hungry.

Train flipped through the menu and we all ordered the same thing. A small box of original pringles and a small bottle of sprite.

"Woah, these are small." Train said.

She's right, they were small. The sprite bottle was as big as my palm.

"Avery, after we land how are we going to get to our hotel?" Sahel asked me as she took a sip from her sprite.

"We can call a taxi... can't we?" Train suggested.

I noded in agreement.

"This is going to be the best summer ever!" I said laying back in my seat.

We all got bored and chose a movie to watch. We put on our headphones and just relaxed.

We finally landed. We were in Queensland. I never thought a 15 year old girl like me would ever be in Queensland with my friends.

As we got off the plane it was 4pm. It was getting dark. People stared as we walked through into Queensland Airport. There was a whole line of cabs outside so we walked out into the hot warm air and knocked on the window.

"Uh hello, could you please take us to Regent Hotel?" Train asked as the man stepped outside.

"I sure can." He said grabbing our bags.

Queenslands cabs were white and different to Melbourne ones. They were like a van. We got inside as he drove past all the beautiful city lights and buildings. We finally arrived at Regent Hotel. 

It was a beautiful white building, with many floors and beautiful plants outside. There was a pool, a gym, a library and everything. We payed the taxi driver and stepped in with our lugages. As we stepped in a nice cold wind blew into our faces. It felt good. The place was airconditioned. Everything was shiny, and there were people in the lounges reading books, drinking coffee, and children playing in the game room.

We reached the receptionist.

"May I help you girls?" She smiled.

"Yes, we booked a room. My name Avery. Avery Cloud." I told her.

She took out 3 key cards and directed us.

"Go up the elevators, on to floor 8 room B. Use to key cards to swipe open your room." She said, "Enjoy your stay." She said as she picked up the phone.

We passed a couple of boys who stared at us, they were wet and had surfboards with them. Sahel and Train were to caught up with using there swipe cards they hadn't noticed.

"This place is amazing! Im so excited." Sahel said as the elevator door opened and we were in a white painted hall way with fake plants in the corner.

"I know, it's like paradise." Train agreed.

With our lugages behind us I grabbed my swipe card and was about to swipe until Sahel pushed me aside.

"NOOO! I want to do it." She said swiping her card first.

Me and Train laughed. As we pushed down the golden handles of our huge white double doors. That had the letter B printed in the middle in gold.

As we opened it, it was beautiful! It had a small kitchen, 2 rooms with 2 beds. A huge flatscreen tv with foxtel, Bean bags to sit on, a dining table, couches, 2 bathrooms and aircon.

But best of all they had a Balcony.

"Lets go outside!" I shouted as I made my way to the balcony. I opened the glass door and went out side. Sahel and Train only a few steps behind me.

There was a table and seats. There was a gold bar that stopped us from falling. You could see everything. You could see the beach, the beautiful waves crashing. You could see all the beautiful tall colourful buildings. It was amazing.

We all settled down in the lounge room. We turned on the tv and watched 'Please Marry My Boy' we all sat on the bean bags. Our lugages still sitting near the front door.

I still couldn't believe I was here. I'm pretty sure Sahel and Train felt the same way. It was hot and we were all sweaty and tired.

"Hey this is the remote for the aircon." Sahel said pressing the on button.

The rectangular aircon stuck above our heads shot out a wiff of cold air into the room.

This was heaven. We were at the Gold Coast and this was going to be the best summer ever!