CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

"Pass him down" I instructed immediately.

She moved across slightly to reveal the limp body of Zack, blood trickled from a wound that lay in a crescent shape just behind his eyebrow and coated the right-hand side of his face. She moved his feet over the side of the dragon and lowered him down as gently as she could.

"Brandon!" I shouted loudly, hoping to wake him up.

Orpheus ran to my side and grabbed Zack's feet so we could carry him across the camp.

"Brandon?" I shouted again... no response, that kid could sleep through an earthquake.

I laid Zack down and watched as Verity jumped down from Nadia and threw a nearby bag at Brandon's head, successfully waking him up.

"It's not light yet" he groaned groggily before turning over.

As soon as he reclosed his eyes he suddenly sprung to his feet in realisation and looked around in confusion.

"Verity?" he asked, staring at her in disbelief.

She gave him a small wave, putting a weird goofy looking grin on his face.

"Hey, we need you," said Orpheus pleadingly.

He rubbed his face and yawned before sprinting over to us. He instantly knelt by Zack's side and quickly looked over his wounds, frowning at their severity.

"Can you help him?" asked Verity, coming up behind us.

"Not alone" replied Brandon, looking around in thought.

"Kate!" he screamed extremely loudly, making us all jump in surprise.

Upon hearing Brandon's call Kate, Luna and Max immediately woke up and came to our side.

"What happened?" she gasped, looking down at Zack.

"You know what I need, have you got it?" asked Brandon, disregarding her previous question.

She nodded her head and ran over to her sleeping bag without saying a word, she returned no more than a minute later with a long silver chain that looked like an average necklace.

"What's that?" asked Max, eyeing it suspiciously.

"A channelling pendant" replied Brandon "I'm not strong enough to heal him alone"

Channelling pendents were really rare artefacts, they allowed you to take the power of another person or creature and use it for your own, I had only seen one once before but I have never actually used one, so Brandon was very lucky to have found one that worked for him.

"Everone gather round" he commanded.

We all formed a circle around Zack and looked to Brandon who was placing the pendant on Zack's chest.

"This shouldn't affect us too much since I'm channelling so many of you," said Brandon, emitting a light glow from his palms.

The silver chain moved slowly and then began to hover above Zack's chest, illuminating itself with a dim white light.

"Everyone put one of your hands on Zack and make sure that you do not let go until I have completely finished the healing process" explained Brandon

I grabbed onto Zack's arm and watched in amazement as the light streaming from the chain became brighter, I noticed that it continued to do this as the others also began to grab Zack.

"I have enough power to heal him, he's going to be fine" confirmed Brandon "but before we begin, I have to ask" he added, opening his eyes to look directly at Verity.

"Did you two deliver the message?" he questioned seriously, filling the air with suspense.

"Yes, we did" she replied instantly.

"And?" I asked anxiously.

"They're coming" she smiled.

***Thanks for reading :)

I know I said that I was going to update yesterday but I had forgotten that I had an exam today :O so I had to spend the time doing a bit of revision to refresh my memory. I've completely finished all of my exams now though, so I should have a lot more time to write!

Anyway, I thought that I would give you a bit of insight on how Asher and the others are doing and what they're up to, sorry that I didn't give away much but I don't want to spoil anything.

Oh, and thank you all so much for helping jamlessfan95 to reach 100 flowers! if anyone else wants to follow her she will follow you back.

So the next chapter that I write will probably be the bonus one that I had previously promised. This will include a flashback to Shade's past life in his POV thanks to a suggestion from LilahGrey

Until next time,

Happy reading :) 💜 ***