It was funny, he often thought, for he believe that he had thrown away all of his human emotions the moment he licked that puddle of blood right before the guillotine blade sliced off his head. But the fact that he was able to feel her love through simple gestures showed that he still had some small shred of humanity left in him, something that she was able to bring out in him. The look in her amethyst eyes when she showed concern or joy, the gentle touch of her hands, the intimacy they shared when her soft plumped lips locked with his; he knew that she truly loved him.

"I had a dream." he confessed, which caught her attention instantly. "And in this dream, I was once again defeated by the hands of our old Master. By the light of dawn, Count Dracula was no more, and I became a mere servant of Hellsing." A chuckle followed before he continued, "A pathetic sight, wasn't it, my Queen? For you to come into my room and see your King being at the mercy of such absurd dream."

Frida knew what he was talking about. In fact, before she was even accepted into Hellsing by Van Helsing's heir, Asmund would tell her stories about him, starting from the time he fought the Turks as Vlad the Impaler, to being the servant of Hellsing. But truth to be told, she didn't care if he was weak, or even looked like it. She didn't care if God had demoted him from being a notorious No Life King to a servant for humans. Whether he went by Alucard, Count Dracula, or Vlad Ţepeş, that didn't matter to her, for all he ever was to her was the man she truly loved, whom she could feel at ease just by being in his embrace.

"My King, we cannot control our dreams, especially dreams of our past." she began before cupping his cheek with her hand. Alucard placed one of his gloved ones on hers and nuzzled into it, enjoying the little warmth he no longer had. "Your past may have a long-lasting bitterness that turned you into who you are, but it no longer defines the current you. What is important that you are here, living a new chapter in your life. Hellsing is now your comrade, so is my brother, our Master, and Seras. And I am here to walk this journey with you, to be by your side when you seek comfort for as long as I live."

Slowly, she slid her hand to beneath his chin and lifted his head to make him look into her eyes, while her other hand brushed away some hair in front of his face. In her soft and silvery voice, she asked, "Do I not have your love?"

A rare smile plastered on his face. He held her hand with his gloved one before gently pulling her face closer to his. "Such a silly question shouldn't be asked, for the answer is right in front of your eyes." he said before kissing her soft lips.

~Time skip~

Frida was in her room reading a book while sitting on a red wingback armchair that was gifted by her lover, who said that she should have a crimson throne to make her nights comfortable before retiring to her bed. She often found the episode funny, because he initially planned to get her a throne like his, but Asmund strongly disagreed with that. "Chairs should be comfortable, not showing off one's status like a wealthy selfish bastard, you lovestruck idiot," he said. But of course, he didn't mean it in a malicious way. He had known the No Life King since he was recruited by Van Helsing himself, so the vampire was used to such remarks. In the end, he got his Queen the armchair with the shade of red that matched his red full-length, frock overcoat. Needless to say, her brother could only facepalm when he saw it placed near the window in her room.

While going through a passage on the most impactful events of world history, she was distracted by a knock on her wooden door. "Come in!" she called before using the red ribbon as a bookmark. Upon hearing her command, the person twisted the knob and opened the door, revealing himself to her. "Asmund, what brings you here?" Asmund, a man who was merely five decades older than her, looked younger than his age. His long, brown luxuriant hair with a thin rat-tail at the back that had been trimmed to close-cropped was starting to shelter his forehead. His lean body was hidden beneath light grey shirt and pants under a full-length high-collared coat with gold details.