Sol 102

Log entry: Sol 102
I know I'm sorry, I haven't entered a log in recently at all. Mark has been doing the logs a lot more then I have.

However I'm happy to announce, we're going home. I never thought I would say that. Not for at least another 100 sols, but we're going home.

Thanks to Mark and the JPL team I'm going home.

Log ended

"Are you okay Dakota?" Mark asked peering his head around the corner, he could see my wiping the tears off of my cheeks.

"I will be" I said with a broken smile.

Mark walked over to me and held me in his arms "we're going home" he whispered as he smoothed down my hair.

"You know, I'm going to miss this place a little" I said looking up at him, my smile becoming more genuine.

"And why would that be, Miss Adams?" He asked looking down to me. I'm only 5'4" so he had a much taller advantage on me. Sometimes I felt like I would break my neck staring up at him if I held my gaze.

"What if we're not the same when we get back to earth? We've spent so much time together, just you and me. Because of Mars we are so much closer then we use to be and I like that. I'm worried that it wont be the same Mark"

He smiled down at me "Dakota, I love you. Nothing could change that, not even a whole other planet."

"Wait... you love me?" I asked

"Yes! How could you not have seen that?" He asked

I didn't answer his question. Instead I tugged in his shirt to pull him down to my level and I kissed him. God I've wanted to do that for the longest time. I'd been pushing my feelings down constantly, because dating your fellow astronaut is not professional but then again being standard on a planet, the hab blowing up and growing potatoes in the middle of our work space is unprofessional. So why not kiss Mark Watney as well.

Author:

Hey guys I'm back! Just thought I'd touch up on this story a little bit. I'm so sorry for being absent for almost 2 years. My life has been crazy and so many things have happened but I never forgot about you. I always read your comments and now I'm back to normal I'm going to start trying to upload more often and I might even try to get a new fanfic out soon!

** I would like to say that the video at the start of this chapter is not mine and the credits go to the owner. **

I also jumped ahead a lot of sols because I want this story to move a lot quicker then it was as it has been a long overdue 2 years. Thank you all so much for your love and support.

Feel free to follow me on my Instagram so you can get to know me on a more personal level!

Instagram: @ Amyk.ng