Capítulo Venti-quattro.

Mads Mikkelsen as the mystery man

~

Fighting Temptation: Capítulo Venti-quattro

"Crap."

I ran a hand through my tousled hair, hoping that I didn't look as old and disgusting as I felt. I probably did, with my old school striped pajamas, a matted red sweatshirt, dingy brown slippers that I just pulled out of the back of my closet, with my black glasses in place of my contacts.

Ew.

I hope I didn't smell as bad as I looked, considering the last time I showered was less than 48 hours ago. Ooh. It was literally 12 in the afternoon on a workday and I was standing in the frozen aisle of Food Lion, searching for pistachio nut ice cream, preferably in a large carton so that I could have it for the next few days. I pondered in thought over the different brands, not noticing that someone was standing behind me. "Oh!" I jumped when something poked me and I turned around to see the end of a white cane hidden between my ankles. "I'm sorry," I recoiled back at the sound of a heavily enriched accent filling my ears. It sounded so familiar yet so strong. "You would think that I have mastered noticing the presence of people." A deep chuckle cracked the air and I pushed my glasses up, zeroing on the person. It was a tall, middle aged man with salt and pepper hair, tanned skin, sunglasses perched over the eyes with a suspicious smirk sat on his lips. He appeared to be 6'0, taut and muscular all over in his crisp, black suit, which made me wonder how a blind person excercised. He seemed to be of a foreign, exotic descent like he wasn't from here.

"No, you're okay," I muttered awkwardly. "I shouldn't have been in the way." I scratched at my neck, berating myself for judging someone so quickly. "If you could be as so kind as to hand a pint of," He muttered something in a different language and it reminded me so much the way that the Adonis spoke. "Sorry, forgot how to say it in this language for a second there. Raspberry, is it?" He nodded towards the Ben and Jerry's Raspberry pint sitting on the shelf and I narrowed my eyes. I felt slightly uncomfortable because it felt like his eyes were following me beneath those black shades. I couldn't see what he was thinking, but his aura felt incredibly dangerous. He made me feel so small, so insignificant and I wanted to flee instantly.

He screamed death.

"S-Sure!" I sputtered and immediately opened the door to the freezer, grabbing the desired pint. "Here you go," I said. "Sir!" I added, wincing as he slowly reached a hand out. Was he reaching for a gun, a knife, a shuriken, a grenade, what? I flinched as I shut my eyes, embracing death. "Thank you." My hand suddenly felt lighter as I cracked open an eye tentatively, watching as he nodded with a smile, his ice cream in hand.

"Good day, now."

The clacking of his white cane echoed throughout the aisle and fading into my memory as I watched him walk away, his steps resembling that of a predator.

Whoever he was, scared me.

"Fuck." I cursed once I realized that I didn't even pick out the ice cream that I wanted. Who the holy hell was that man anyway?

I scoffed at my actions as I pulled out a butter pecan carton, afraid to even glance in the direction of the pistachio nut. That man made me change my mind about eating my favorite ice cream. It felt like he poisoned that ice cream with his stare and I wasn't about to be his next victim. "Shit." I mumbled as I checked myself out, not wanting to socialize with anyone today.

I felt absolutely disgusting and that was putting it lightly.

"God damn it," I cursed to myself as I spotted the man of mystery creeping away into the backseat of an Aston Martin. I stood in the entrance of the mart and watched as he got in, his blind stare never leaving me as he looked out of the window with his sunglasses.