Chapter 3 - Princess

Carter's POV

I go on my phone and delete the tweets. I begin to feel bad, because I honestly and surprisingly like Mitch and the rest of the guys.

But if that means giving up my captain status, I couldn't bare to lose it.

I drive over to Mitch's place and knock on the door. I heard yelling, then the door suddenly swung open with Mitch and Mat standing there.

"Hi." I said smirking.

"Hello, come in." Mat says and I walk in between them.

We walk towards the living room and Jerome was sitting with a headset on, playing some game.

"What's this?"

"Oh my God, have you been living under a rock?"

"I'm sorry! I don't play video games!" I say laughing.

"It's Call Of Duty Black Ops."

"Oh. Well I'm stupid."

They all laugh.

"We were going to have our own little party here, only a few people so it really isn't a party, but are you down?" Mat asks.

"I'm always down for partying."

"Well that's typical, you're a popular girl, it makes sense." Mitch says.

"Whatever Mitch." I lightly punch him in the arm.

(A few hours later)

Carter's POV

"Hey guys! Come on in!" Mat says opening the door.

I stood there awkwardly, as they looked me up and down confused.

"Guys, this is Carter Jones, be nice to her okay?" Mitch says and they nod.

Most go into the kitchen, but one girl with vibrant red hair walks up to me.

"Hi! My name is Bridget, and your Carter right?"

"Yeah...sorry I just feel like more of an outcast here."

"Hey, don't be. You have Jerome, Mat, Mitch and now me. We know who you are, one of the populars and we are the nobodies, hell, some of us would kill to have your status. Not me though, I rather not go to jail."

I laugh and she laughs along with me. "I guess you're right."

"I know I'm right. You know what though, I don't think your what everyone else says you are."

"What does everyone think of me?"

"Popular princess with everyone bowing down on their knees. I mean, you hang out with Ellery, Mallory and all of them, then all of the sudden, you meet Mitch and the others, and you're curious. Curious of how the other half lives. You are different, and I think we all like that, or at least I do."

I smile. "I honestly don't know, let's go into the kitchen." I say and we walk into the kitchen.

"Alright, guys this is Carter Jones, Carter this is Adam, Natalia, Sam, Preston, Rob and Ty."

"Nice to meet you all..." I trail off. I felt out of place, like a fish out of water.

"We all know who you are, so why are you here?" Natalia says with a bit if an attitude.

"Nat. Don't be rude." Adam asks and she shakes her head.

"No I'm serious. We all know who she is, so why the hell is she here?!" She yells.

"Okay okay, calm down and I'll explain. I met Mitch, Mat and Jerome at Avery's party last night, and we all became friends."

More arguing continued and I just decided to leave very early.

"What a lovely fucking evening." I say to myself once I pull away from the house.

The summer months passed as I hung out with my cousin, Nevah for most of the summer.

I didn't really care that I wasn't hanging out with Ellery or anyone else.

I was content of how my summer went, and school would be starting soon, actually it would be starting tomorrow.

My alarm woke me up, with nerves running through my body, as I begin to get ready for my first day of Senior year.

Once I arrived at the school, I found Ellery, Mallory and Hadley standing at our usual hang out spot.

"Hey guys!" I say smiling.

"Hey." Mallory says sounding a bit annoyed.

"Are you okay? C'mon it's the first day, let's be excited that this is our last year!"

"God Carter can you just shut it for one damn second?" Ellery hisses and I stand their confused as they walk away.

"Uh...okay I'll see you guys later?"

Mitch's POV

I see Ellery, Mallory and Hadley walking down the hallway in some type of mood.

"God she is so annoying." I heard one of them say.

"I know, she's changed a whole lot this summer."

I hope they weren't talking about Carter. Ever since that party at Avery's house, I could not stop thinking about her.

I couldn't find her anywhere, so she must have went to class.

Carter's POV

The day went by in a blur, keeping to myself today and rumors buzzed around about a party at Avery's to kick off the year.

I drove over to his house later that night, knowing my parents wouldn't be home till late, I knew I could go.

"Hey!" Avery says hugging me.

I look over to see Mat, Mitch and Jerome.

I decided to stay away from them tonight, just to keep to myself as I find Mallory, Ellery and Hadley.

"Hey guys...sorry about not talking to you guys all day-"

"Geez, why are you so fake?" Mallory asks.

"I-I uh-"

"You've changed over the summer, and we don't like that." Ellery says and walks away with Mallory.

"What did I do?" I ask Hadley.

"Just...leave us alone for a bit okay?"

"I don't understand."

"Good, the less you know, the better it is for all of us."

-----------------

So yeah...idk what else to say.

So Thanks for Reading!

Much Love<3

-Emily