Chapter 2 - Weirdos

Carter's POV

I grab four wine coolers from Avery's fridge and walk over to the hill where Mat, Jerome and Mitch were.

"Here you guys go." I hand them the drinks and they thank me.

"So, how's the party life going?" I ask opening a bottle.

"Going pretty good actually." Mat says.

"Well, there is a lot more parties to go to after this. It's only June, we have July and August still. I hope to see all you guys there." I say taking a drink.

"You're a popular girl though." Mitch says.

"Yeah, so?"

"Shouldn't you be hanging out with people like, Ellery Daniels or Mallory Kingston?"

"They can't control who my friends are. Yes, they are the best friends anyone could ask for, but if I want to hang out with people they would like to call "unpopular" then they should allow me to without any bullshit."

Mitch rolls his eyes. "Yeah, you guys are the best of friends." he says and takes a drink.

"Shut up Mitch." Mat says. "You don't know them, and they don't know us, you're just drunk."

"If it makes you feel any better, you guys are popular to me, because you guys are pretty cool guys. All of you are fun, weird, and crazy at times, also you all have positive attitudes. That's what popularity means to me." I said standing up. "I'm going home, thanks for the craziness of tonight. It was fun." I said smiling at them.

"Goodnight Carter." Mat says.

"Night guys." I say while grabbing my bag.

I tried to locate Ellery, Mallory and Hadley, but they were no where to be found.

"Need a ride?" Avery asks as he walks beside me.

"I don't want you to ditch your own party."

"Eh, it's dying down anyways."

I smile at him and walk to his car.

"So, how are you liking the boys?" He asks as we pull out of his driveway.

"I'm surpised you were talking to them, since your Avery Jackson, the most popular guy in school."

"Well, my group wasn't very interesting so to say, and they seemed pretty cool."

"They are a group of weirdos, and I mean that in a good way. You're a weirdo too."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, c'mon Avery, I've known you since you were in diapers. You're the weirdest weirdo I know."

He laughs. "Okay Carter, but you know, I think they like you. In a middle school kind of crush way."

I laugh. "Which one?"

"I can see Mat liking you, Mitch too. Jerome though, not so much."

"I can see that too. I don't think I would see Jerome in that way. He's like the big brother type of guy, which I love that about him."

We pull up to my driveway and I sigh, expecting my parents not to be very thrilled that it's one in the morning and I am just coming home.

"Thanks for the ride, goodnight."

"Night Carter." he says and I get out of the car and unlock the front door.

I was expecting hell, but I guess my parents were at one of the parties in town.