Part 8

"Blow out the candles Rachel", said Cory, " I want some cakeee".

I laughed an blew out the candles as i childishly made a wish.

I wished that Skyler would stay with me forever, and that i can tell him how i really feel.

"Yayy, now we can eats the pastry", said Skyler.  

"Skyler can I ask you something, outside away from the party"?

"Sure, Rachel"

We walked outside, the moon was high reminding me of that night when my parents died. I shuttered at the thought.

"When are you leaving"?

"What do you mean"?

"I don't want you to go yet, but I know you are soon, so when"

"Oh, I'm leaving on Friday", he said softly, as if he regretted saying it.

"Friday... Oh okay.. I can't expect you to stay with me forever right", i said trying to ease the tension.

Of course I want you to stay, Skyler please don't go. I love you , stay with me.... How do I tell you this, sadly I don't know. 

"Is some thing wrong Rachel"

"No, nothing at all"

" I know your lying to me, I know you Rachel, talk to me"

"I would if I could, when I can I will" i said as I began to walk away. 

I didn't mean it like that. Did I hurt his feelings? Why am i such an idiot? I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. No I will not this moment pass like this. I will tell him, how I really feel. Wether he accepts me or not

I ran back outside and into his arms and said in his ear,"Guess what, I love you and I'm sorry for exploding on you like that. I just don't want you to go"

"I know"

I let him go and looked up at him,"What do you mean you know"

"I knew you love me, I just wanted you to admit it, and I'm not leaving. Cory insisted that I help you and around the house."

"Deep down I know you knew that was crucially wrong."

"Come on then, come enjoy your party, your finally legal", he said laughing,sliding his hand into mine. I squeezed it, with a loving embrace.

I did it, in your face emotions take that. Finally he's mine, I have fallen and I don't think I want to get back up... He's finally mine. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  After Grandfathers funeral, I went to the clock at home. Why me, why is everyone close to me slowly disappearing. I sat there in the couch and then it struck me like lightning, its the clock. Although deep down i felt like i had nothing left to live for. What is so different about this clock?

 Why did it just start ticking at Momma's death and chimed one when she was dead, and it chimes two when Daddy died and three for Grandfather. This is a peculiar pattern that was complex yet so straightforward. But who was on the phone call, they have had to known this was going to happen? Now to add the missing piece to the puzzle, Who was the person on the phone?

Skyler knocked and then entered, "Hey beautiful, watcha up to"?

"Thinking, and you"

"What are you thinking about"?

" The man on the phone call last month".

"Oh is that still bothering you."

"Somewhat I just have so many questions"

"Let me hear some of them maybe I can assist.", he said as he laid out on my bed and i got up from my desk to sit by the window.

"Okay, one why all of a sudden is the clock in the hallway ticking and struck another hour whenever someone dies. Two, who was the man on the first phone call? Three, Was that really my Grandfather on the phone?"

"Woahh, there they are some deep questions. I don't know if I can answer those. Maybe you need an escape Rachel"

I must continue to watch this clock, but something told me this life story wasn't over but just the beginning of an adventure I wanted to continue and a pain I wanted to end.