Part 3

I ran out to the beach, and let my tears fall. What just happened? My parents are both dead. I dropped on the sand and screamed to the top of my lungs. As the moon shined on the dark sea. My heart ached, it felt like my soul was being filled with uncontrollable emotions. I was angry, i was sad, i was confused, i was hurt,and worst of them all i was lost. Not like I didn't know where i was, but who am I now?

I was known as 'the abusive man's daughter' now that they're gone who am I. I sat down and looked out to the sea and watched the waves beat against the sand. Why couldn't I be like the moon disappear when i want to? I turned on my phone, and was bombarded with the notifications of my brothers trying to call me. I closed them out and went straight to the music app. I found my favorite song, the song that spoke to me every single time it played, Rise by Katy Perry, I turned the volume up to its max and just let the music consume me.

"Cause when, when the fire's at my feet again And the vultures all start circling They're whispering, "You're out of time,"But still I rise This is no mistake, no accident When you think the final nail is in Think again Don't be surprised I will still rise Don't doubt it, don't doubt it Oh, oh, oh, oh You know it, you know it Still rise Just fight it, just fight it Don't be surprised I will still rise"

I stayed on the beach for three hours, just sitting there on the sand. Then I finally went back home. I took my precious time walking home, I was in no rush. I came just in time to see the ambulance fade in the distance. I opened the door to see my brothers sitting together, they all looked deep in despair. They asked me where i've been, I wasn't in the mood for speaking so i went up to my room. And placed my phone on charge so, my music can play all night.

I went in front of my mirror and looked at myself. My chocolate skin, brown eyes and naturally kinky hair. I looked depressed, when i felt so much worse. I brushed my hair to put it in one for the night, it was the first time I had to do it. My mother would always sit me here and stroke my hair, while singing 'At Last by Etta James'. Now she was gone, my mother is gone, reminiscing on theses memories only brought tears to my eyes. I went over to the window and looked down. I thought about jumping, ending it all, putting myself out of my misery. I hop onto the windowsill and the wind of the sea brushed against my skin, a slow tear fell, I closed my eyes. I have found my escape... death.