Aloha - Steve McGarrett (Hawaii 5-0)

ابدأ من البداية

Danny snorted beside him. "So, do we knock or what?"

"We beat her here I think." Chin glanced around the area. "There she is," he said a few minutes later, indicating a truck that was driving in their direction. The windows were too tinted for Steve to see inside which made him nervous, but if Chin trusted you, so would he.

***

You parked your truck and sighed as you looked over the group waiting for you. Anxiety swirled in your belly as you gave yourself a moment to study Steve. He'd only gotten more gorgeous since you'd last seen him. Not fair.

You took a breath, steeled your nerves and stepped out. "Aloha," you greeted.

Steve's face fell and your chest immediately went tight. You were fairly certain your heart was lodged somewhere in your throat. You swallowed past the lump and locked your eyes on your ex.

Anger contorted his features as he turned to Chin. "What is this?"

Chin lifted his brows as he glanced between you and his boss. "I told you that you weren't going to like it."

Your face heated and you turned from the two of them to head over to the door. You undid all three locks and let yourself in, flipping on the row of switches beside you as you stepped inside.

"I take it you two know each other," a blond male said as he followed you in.

You glanced past him to see Steve and Chin quietly arguing out front. You shifted your attention back to the blond and held out a hand as you introduced yourself.

"Detective Danny Williams," he said as he shook your hand. He tilted his head to gesture at the other two. "What's that about?"

"A misunderstanding." You moved away from him to walk through the rows of shipping containers that filled the warehouse. "Chin said cars, right? How many?"

"Two should do it," came the answer though he didn't sound entirely sure.

"Come on, Danny. Let's go," you heard Steve's voice bark. "There's nothing for us here."

Tears of anger flooded your eyes. You were tired of paying for a mistake you'd never made all because Steve was a stubborn asshole. "McGarrett." You stepped out so he could see you from the door. "You're going to listen to me for a minute whether you like it or not. I'm finished playing this game with you."

He stepped fully into the building and you saw Chin grin and give you a thumbs up as he stepped out and shut the door. Steve glanced back when he heard the door shut then turned to you, hands on his hips. "I don't need to listen to anything you have to tell me. You used me once. I won't let you do it again."

"I used you how? You think I dated you so your dad would trust me? Is that it?"

When he looked at the ground you knew you had guessed his feelings correctly. You narrowed your eyes as you looked him over. "And tell me, Steve, when you went home what did you find? A picture of me and your dad on the fridge? Feminine belongings in one of the guest rooms?"

His head jerked up in surprise.

You crossed your arms over your chest. "I had lunch with your father the day before he died. We talked nearly every day. Occasionally I crashed at the house." A tear ran down your cheek as you thought of the man who had meant so much to you. You laughed, but it was a bitter, angry sound. "He was the most important person in my life and I didn't go to his funeral because I didn't want to make you uncomfortable. Because he was your dad, not mine. And now you're here still acting like an ass when I'm just trying to do what he wanted."