Graduation Day

"Eri, we did it. We are about to walk across this stage and be done with it all. I can't believe that I'm  valedictorian and you're salutatorian. I guess 14 years of hard work has finally paid off."
"Kay, it feels like yesterday we were walking hand and hand through the hallway to Mrs.Blackmon's class, with our Dora lunch boxes and backpacks."
"GIRL, them was the days. I lived for naptime and snack time. "
"RIGHT. You ain't never lied. Come on you know we gotta be the first ones in there." Kay and Eri locked hands and began to walk  down the hallway to the auditorium. It was twenty minutes into the ceremony and it was Eri's time for her speech. She approached the podium and waited for her signal to begin get speech.  "If I could say one phrase that can sum up my time in school would be, "What the fuck is this shit right here?"' Everyone began to roar in laughter. "I mean seriously Pythagorean theorem, whats that, a waste of time is what it is. In school they set us up with tools that we don't necessarily need or want but in the end these tools have set us up for success. The Pythagorean theorem taught us when we have two components we can use them to find out the final component we need to solve our problem. The difference of who and whom taught us to really think of situations so we can answer accordingly. Unnecessary tools despite their names are more necessary than you think. They are the tools that are going to help us reach our full potential in life. You just have to realize when they are necessary. Thank You and good evening. " everyone applauded and cheered for Eri's speech. She went back to her seat and gave Kay a reassuring smile. " Come on Dr. Arnold, your patients are awaiting to be diagnosed." She  helped Kay up and smacked her on the butt. Everyone began to laugh again. Kay began to approach the podium and stood at the microphone. "After a long 14 years we did it. All the late night studying, midnight deadlines, extra curricular activities, chores, work, and teachers we finally crossed the finish line. If there is one thing I could say about this class is optimistic. Despite all the struggles we faced together we never let them get us down. From the computers during testing going down every two minutes to the school being destroyed, this class always had seen the light at the end of the tunnel. That optimism is why we are the future. Despite what they say about our generation sending us backwards in time, we'll be the one's sending us into the future. For 14 seasons we have been benched and passed over because they believed we couldn't pull our weight on the team. Now coach is putting us in and it's your time now to show them what we can do. The ball is in your court class of 2021, either take your shot or get benched !" The crowd roared with applauds and screams. Every one was chanting 2021 throughout the whole gym. Kay stepped down from the podium and sat back in her seat as she waited for the officials to call their names to receive their diplomas. After everyone's name was called the girls and their families all gathered at the house to throw their joint graduation party.  Everyone was gathered in the backyard awaiting for the girls to come down. 

"Oh my

"Oh my. Eri you are giving me cookie and cream dreams over here." Kay screamed as Eri came down the steps.
"And you are giving me chocolate banana milkshake vibes. I could just slurp you right up. " They high fived each other and walked unto the deck where everyone was.  Everyone cheered as they began to walk down the steps. They had a humongous banner that read"CONGRAGULATIONS ERIKA AND KAYLA. WE LOVE YOU."  The girls began to go around to different family members thanking them and talking to them about their future.
"Well Jeff, our girls did it. " said Erik
"I know it seems like just yesterday we dropped them off at their first day of school.  Man they really grew up on us.  I now Elizabeth would have love to seen this."
"I know. But she is smiling down on Eri and giving all her praises to her." Jeff then hugged Erik. "Hey you want some Henny, I got a couple of bottles that need to be broken in."
"You had me at Henny. " Jeff and Erik then disappeared into the study. After the party had ended the girls grabbed all the dishes and trash. "Hey Eri I'll wash the dishes if you take care of the trash. "
"No dishes, bet. Trash duty all day." Just as Eri went to take out the trash Erik began to stumble down the steps.
"Kay, can you give me a glass of water and some aspirin?" Asked Erik as he sat down at the kitchen counter.
"Sure." Kay got down the stuff and handed to him. "Let me guess white henny?"
"Yeah. Never doing that again. My head is pounding. Do you know where Eri is?"
"Yeah, she outside taking care of the trash. She'll probably be another ten minutes or so." Kay then went back to doing the dishes.
"I'm so proud of both of you guys. You know I almost didn't graduate my senior year. I was to busy chasing ass and footballs.  Thankfully Liz was able to get me in shape and back on track so I could graduate. Thanks for always keeping Eri on track. Lord knows where she would've been if you weren't there."
"Well thank God I was there." Said Kay laughing. "Are my parents sleep?"
"No, your dad is passed out in the study and your mom got in the shower. She told me to ask you to let me out and lock up for the night."
"Oh okay well Eri should almost be don-" her sentence was cut short by Erik kissing her. He had picked her up and sat her on the counter as he began to ravish her mouth. At first Kay was shocked but then she gave in to the kiss. Just as she heard the door open she pushed Erik off of her. "Well Eri I'll see you tommorow. Mr.Daniels have a good night." She ushered both of them to door and closed it and locked it. "FUCK"