chapter 5

~Narumi's POV~

I sighed softly while laying down on my bed and listening to music. I had tried to talk to Kurama again, but nothing I do seem to be working. I also found out the hard way that I can't use chakra. That's the last time I try to run up a wall.

I turned to my side and grabbed the opened locket that revealed the picture of team seven. I felt a small knot form in my chest and my vision got blurry before I quickly shook my head and closed the locket. A large sigh left my lips and I closed my eyes as I tried to fall asleep, but gave up after ten minutes. I rolled onto my back to look up at the ceiling.

I could hear the faint bustling of people and the sound of the wind blowing past the house. It's Friday, Anna isn't going to be home until late and I already finished my homework. My first thought was logging onto the internet, but I shot it down. The amount of time I have been on that device lately is concerning.

'Maybe I should go on a walk.' I sat up before getting off the bed. 'It has been a while.' I thought and glanced at the clock that flashed '8:00 p.m.'

I made the bed before quickly getting ready. With a bit of money in my pocket and my phone, I looked around my room before finding my backpack. Hurrying over to it, I opened it and looked around for my weapon pouches which I usually throw in here just in case. When I found them, I tied one on my left thigh and the other on my hip before grabbing my forehead protector and tying it on my head to keep my hair back.

I exited the house and locked it with the spare key before putting it in my pouch on my hip.

As I walked, the air seemed different. For an instant, it felt as if something big was going to happen. Then the feeling was gone, replaced by the yearning for some adventure. I grabbed my phone, looking for Anna's number and texted her. I didn't want her to worry if she got here before I got back.

I went out for a walk.

Be back before ten.

Okay.

I smiled slightly before putting my phone in the pouch on my hip and beginning to jog.