Chapter 65

Listen to never be by 5sos whiles reading this

Harry's POV:

The atmosphere is depressing right now and it's not just me who can feel it, it's everybody in the house. So basically after we told everyone that Ria would have to go back to Australia for a while till she gets better, everyone started complaining and saying that she can receive adequate care here but Ria's mum heard nothing of it.

"She's coming back with me, Lauren and Harry when we leave. It's final. I know you guys will be able to take care of her perfectly and that Ashton and Harry won't let anything happen to her but as a mother I want to take care of her and be around her for a while. She can come back as soon as I think she is well enough okay?" her words echoed through my mind. She had a point. I can't take her daughter away from her.

"Harry are you okay?" I look up and realise Ria's talking to me.

"Yeah I'm fine, I was just thinking about how much I'm going to miss you" I say, trying to smile a bit at the end to lighten the mood up but it doesn't exactly work.

"I'm going to miss you too babe, so much more than you ever know" she says as I pull her into a hug and lay down with her on the bed.

"Oh god Ria I am so scared" I tell her, holding her tighter than ever before and not wanting to let go of her, ever.

"Babe, why are you scared" she asks, looking up at me.

"I'm scared you'll find someone better than me when you go back home, someone your mum will approve of more because he's always around and someone who will love you more than I ever could" I say, a few tears slipping out of my eyes. She shakes her head and slides up a bit to kiss me and I kiss her back passionately.

"Harry I will never find anyone better than you. You're better than the best. And as for my mum, well how could she not approve of you? It'll be like going against her own son. I mean look at Ashton, he's on tour too always so she understands how hard relationships can be. Don't worry. My heart will always only beat for you." she smiles and reassures me.

"I love you Ria Irwin" I say to her and hug her tighter than ever before.

"I love you too Harry Styles, I promise we will make this work." she answers, giving into the hug and resting her head on my chest. I cherish this moment, it's our last night together before Ria will be going back to Sydney for I don't know how long. I know we will make this work, we have to. Slowly we both fall asleep in each other's company, not wanting the night to end because we both know what'll happen when the sun comes up tomorrow. It will be a new day and also time to say goodbye.

*****

"Harry! Ria! Wake up!" I hear Ashton's voice ring in my ear and I slowly open my eyes. It's the morning. THE morning. I slowly sit up, gently waking Ria up too who realises what the day and time is. It's like a whole new level of sadness has filled my heart. I just want to be beside her all the time but it's only for a little while and I know that she will be back soon. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

"I'm going to go take a shower" Ria tells me and I nod, making my way downstairs to the kitchen. The whole tour family is in here but it's okay because it's a pretty big room. I take a seat next to Liam at the table who is on the phone with his girlfriend Sophia and I sigh. If they can make it work then so can we. It's going to be hard but I know we will do it.

I look up to grab a piece of toast from the plate in front of me and I catch Ria's mum staring at me, giving me a sad smile. I brush it off and eat my breakfast, chewing on each bite for what seems like forever. I'm just not really hungry.