The Princess Otter

Molly

I grabbed my little princess otter purse that my grandmum made me.

"Ready Molly dear? " my dad calls from the kitchen.

"Yup!" I was excited for first grade. I didn't go to school with other children for kindergarten. I was in hospital too much to actually go to school. My mum and dad educated me to their best ability. I was actually ahead of some kids.

"Don't forget your lunch! " my mum came into the front room and handed me a bumblebee lunch bag.

"Thanks mum," I took it and gave her a big hug and she kissed me on the cheek.

"Off to school! " my dad said as he grabbed my book bag and kissed my mum to try to calm her nerves. Then he opened the door for me, "after you malady, " he bowed to me slightly and I giggled and walked out of the door. He skipped to the car and opened the car door for me. I stepped up the step and into the car.

"Thank you sir! " He made sure I was buckled in then closed the door and climbed into the front seat.

"Okay, check list: Benydryle?"

"Yup! " I said checking my purse.

"Inhaler? "

"Yup."

"Mobile phone? "

"Yup."

"Emergency epipen? "

"Yup! "

"Okay then, ready to go! " he started the engine and we were on our way. I was slightly nervous, I've never been to school. I don't even have that many friends. Wait, now that I think of it I don't have any. My mum and dad are my only friends. I love them and all but I need friends my age. I WILL MAKE FRIENDS TODAY!

"We're here! " my dad said and he opened the door and I grabbed my lunch bag and he handed me my book bag and I put it on.

I looked up at the building. It was made of beige bricks and windows. There was a bell tower in front. I must've looked confused because my dad spoke.

"Used to be a church," he smiled and closed and locked the doors, "ready? "

"Yup!" he held my hand as we walked towards the building. I was so excited I must've been smiling so much. We went inside and my dad checked in with the teacher as I put my coat and book bag on the hooks in the back room. There was no one back there except for a slender boy with dark curly hair and the most beautiful blue- green eyes anyone has ever seen. I hung my stuff up and walked over to where he was. He was in a corner of the coat room with his knees to his chin.

Narrator

"Hi! " the boy looked up at Molly and his eyes flicked around her then he put his head back down. "um...what's your name? " the boy ignored her so she clutched her purse closer to her and walked out. She said goodbye to her dad and then it was time for class.

The teacher Mrs. Hudson started off by introducing Molly, since school had already started two months ago.

"Now students we have a lovely new addition to class 12!" she motioned to Molly who tried to hide behind her hair. She didn't like all the attention on her. "Molly Hooper!" the little girl with mousy brown hair waved shyly. The boy with dark curly hair who sits in the back of the class looks up.

Molly sat down and fiddled with her hands in her lap. Mrs. Hudson started class and they learned how to spell the colours. Molly already knew this. Her mum and dad had made up songs to help her spell.

The class went on and finally it was lunch time.Molly grabbed her coat for recess and her lunch bag and got in line behind a blonde haired girl. She nervously tapped on her shoulder and she turned around, her long hair whipping around with her.

"What? "

"Uh, hi," Molly said nervously. The girl rolled her eyes and turned back around. Maybe she's not a possible friend... she thought as Mrs. Hudson led class 12 to the lunch room.

"Molly," Mrs.Hudson said as they reached the lunch room, "the no nut table is over there," she said pointing to a small table with picture of various nuts and an X through it. No one was sitting there. Molly made her way over there.

Molly Hooper was allergic to many things: Peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, soy, and shellfish. She couldn't even be around nuts because even the smell of peanuts or peanut butter sets off an allergic reaction.

So she sat alone and ate her turkey sandwich.No friends yet. It wasn't as easy as I thought. I will make a friend at recess.

At recess she asked to join in on many games but it was always "we've got the maximum amount" or "go play with someone else" but who else did she have to play with?

So Molly sat on a bench at the edge of the grounds, kicking her legs. The boy with curly dark hair walked over to her and sat down next to her without saying anything.

"uh, hi," Molly said shyly.

"Hello, " the boy replied softly.

"What's your name? "

"William Sherlock Scott Holmes. "

"Uh, Hello William."

"Hello Molly."

"You remembered my name?"

"You are interesting, of course I did. You are also smarter than all these stupid children because you were home schooled. But why? Oh, because you were in hospital often, " he said in one breath. Molly sat there mouth open. "Do close your mouth Molly," she shut her mouth.

"How did you know? "

"I didn't know I observed. "

"Molly Moria Hooper."

"What?"

"I know your full name. Might as well tell you mine, if we're going to be friends, " William smiled and so did Molly.