Chapter Seven ▫ Sophomore Year.

Brittany's POV

I look at my phone for the one hundredth time in the past hour.

Santana and I have been texting all day and then all of a sudden she just stopped replying. I keep reminding myself that she's probably at work and I'm being a loser with a crush.

I pull my car into the McKinley High parking lot and cut the engine. While waiting for Quinn to get out of practice I send Santana another text.

Maybe you don't like either. How about bowling?

I lock my phone and hope for a reply. Quinn gets in the car shortly after I send out the text.

Brittany:Hey. How was practice?

Quinn:(Buckles up)Exhausting. Being captain of a bunch of talentless boy crazed girls is painful.

Brittany:(Chuckles)So brutal Q.

Quinn:It's the truth.

I shake my head at my younger sister.

I glance at my phone when it buzzes and slowly try to reach for it. Quinn grabs it before I can.

Brittany:What are you doing?

Quinn:You're driving and it's just mom.

Brittany:Oh. What did she say?

Quinn:She's at Mrs. Whitaker's house and will be home later.

Brittany:Alright.

I don't try to hide my disappointment about the text.

Quinn:(Looks at Brittany)What's wrong with you?

Brittany:I was expecting someone else to text.

Quinn:Who?

Brittany:Nosey.

Quinn:Britt who is it?

Brittany:It's just someone.

Quinn:Aww Britt Bratt has a girlfriend.

Brittany:(Scuffs)Don't call me that and she's not my girlfriend.

Quinn:You obviously like her. You're sad she didn't text you back yet.

Brittany:(Pulls into the driveway)Yeah well I think she's busy because she stopped texting out of nowhere.

Quinn:I'm sure she'll text you. She'd be an idiot not to.

Brittany:(Looks at Quinn)Why are you being so nice?

Quinn:(Shrugs)Don't get use to it. (Tosses Brittany her phone and gets out).

I shake my head at Quinn's nonsense then grab my stuff and go inside.

----

Hours go by and still nothing from Santana. I'm not gonna lie I'm a little worried. She could be ignoring me which means I had to have done something wrong but I have no idea what. She could still be busy or something could be wrong but I don't know. I sit in my room laying on my bed letting my thoughts run wild with what could be going on with the brown eyed girl.

Santana's POV

I finish up my homework and stuff it in my backpack.

I can't help but glance at my phone. It's been blinking since I got home and whenever I pick it up I'm met with a new text message from Brittany. I feel bad for ignoring her but if it'll keep Quinn from ruining my life yet again then that's what I have to do.