Chapter 7

Jones and Jasmine got to the station in twenty minutes, Jones wasn't glad to be back at the station while Jasmine was the opposite. The one place she could get quiet was a night shift or at her house. Now that her house wasn't safe she decided that the station would be the best place for her to think about the case. If she knew anything about a vipres, she knew shed need a book that could tell her everything about their kind that was known.  Knowing that there wasn't much to read about them she sighed. She needed at least some information on them. She got out of the car and grabbed her bag. she would have to tell the sheriff that she was going to be misplaced for a while. That she might spend some nights here.

She walked up to the door casually as Jones opened it. She nodded thanks to Jones and walked in. She went to the door that leads to the back and scanned her badge, the door clicked open as she pulled open the door as Jones walked in from outside. She may not be meaning to avoid Jones but its easier to think without him being a distraction with his questions and probing statements. That may be part of his job but he uses it too much in his casual speaking that it's kinda scary to her. Things didn't scare Jasmine to often. Really the only things that really frightened jasmine were the vipers, Damien, and Samara. Fear of a coward isn't the same as a fear of a mage.  For her, these were the only things she had that would keep her going. 

Jones sighed as he watched jasmine. She didn't seem her normal self and he wouldn't blame her for it. He knew that there wasn't much that he could do or others could do. He watched Jasmine walk over to her desk and look at the files in the file tower. He scanned his badge and popped his head in, then walked into the room. Jones glanced at his watch, almost 11 o'clock. He looked at Jasmine and walked over to her.
"Hey, I'm going to go get some coffee, would you like anything?" He asked.
"If you don't mind could you get me a green tea and a box of earl grey tea? I ran out and forgot to get them today." She said. Jones nodded and turned around then left. Alone time was what she needed. 

Jasmine sighed as she looked over the files on her desk. she flipped through the pages and the basic information that came with each file that all the detectives received. the only thing different with this file was that it had crime scene photos. She walked over to the meeting room and shoved the door open with her shoulder. her and Jones had been using the meeting room for months as a base of the investigation.  She looked up at the boards covered in months of investigation. She knew that there was only one and that actually could see the suspect. That was the fact that she hated, loathed even. No one but she could see the vipers if it allowed even that. They had a strange ability to avoid others and be completely invisible to the world. It wouldn't be the best thing to tell the chief that there were some imaginary creatures running around in his town and only the mages could see them. Knowing that it wouldn't turn out right she had decided from the beginning to keep her mouth shut and not tell anyone but who was working with them what was actually happening.  Jasmine examined the boards and sighed. Something wasn't making sense in the fact that most of them were older women. She scanned the photos. There were very little similarities between the victims and what she knew was the norm for these creatures. For all that jasmine knew of was that there should be younger girls in this bunch than the older women. Her eyes scanned the board like comb going through hair searching for knots. 

Her eyes landed on one circled set of words it read "two or more viperses?" as jones cared to point out in the early settings of this investigation, he had known only what Jasmine had told him previously on her encounters. She remembered a time when he had asked her to explain why she really became a cop. She had told him that she needed to find something on her own but then she had decided to leave it vague. Then her accident and she had a card that she kept with her ID and her badge just in case anything " supernatural" actually attacked her.  The card told the emergency responders what exactly to do with her if she was out cold or worse killed. Also where to go if she was injured to the point she couldn't take herself. Many times she could take herself to help but when her accident happened. Well, she was deemed dead twice in the scene. Of course, Jones would yell at the medics to bring her back.