Check Mate

August 22nd 2013

I woke up on my sixteenth feeling sick. My nerves were going insane and my head was spinning. I was going to find my mate today. Today! Uggh my head.

I didn't want to go to school but I slipped out of bed anyway and made my way to the bathroom to make myself look hot. No matter who my mate was, I wanted him to see what he was getting. Well unless it was Chase. I wanted him to reject me. I just wish that I could choose. I would have picked Damien a century ago. I smiled at the thought. I started to get goose bumps at the thought of his arms around me and his lips on mine. I sighed and then began getting ready.

Forty-five minutes later I emerged from the bathroom with my hair straightened to a T and my makeup looking perfect. This time I went with a darker palette and winged eyeliner to make me look dangerous and older. I was a year older today after all.

For my outfit, I settled with lightwash destressed shorts, and white low cut fitted tee, and a couple rings. I put everything on and tied a red flannel longsleeve around my hips. I slid into my black Doc Martins and grabbed my skateboard before descending down the stairs.

I hugged my mom as usual and asked what was for breakfast.

"BLTS." She answered sliding a plate over to me and kissing my head, "How's the birthday girl?" She asked.

"Nervous." I answered nibbling on my food.

"I was too." She answered with her mouth full.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well I went to school and hung out with my friends as usual. I thought I would find him right when I walked into school but it didn't." She began.

"Why not?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Anyway so at lunch I was kinda bummed because I figured that maybe my mate wasn't in this pack or something."

"But then Dad walked in." I answered.

She smiled and repeated, "And then Dad walked in. I smelled his amazing scent and stood and we just stared at eachother. Then he ran over and embraced me. You see he had been 16 for six months already and he was sad because he hadn't found his mate yet, he forgot that both the wolves have to be sixteen for the bond to form."

I smiled, "And the rest is history."

She nodded, "Alright missy get off to school and have a good day. And Rain, you might find him today, you might not. I love you." She said starting to clean the kitchen. I hugged her one last time and grabbed all of my things and left out the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't get out of my car. I was shaking. I ran through the list of guys that I knew were already sixteen:  Damien, Rick, Chandler, Chase, Spencer. My phone went off and I saw a text from Emma.

Where are you? ~Em

Emma I'm freaking out! Can you come out to my car? ~Elle

Be there soon.~Em

Emma couldn't show up soon enough. However she got there and pulled me out kicking and screaming (not literally) and brought me into school. I was on high alert. My body was rigid with fear and I kept staring at everyone.

"Elle calm the hell down, you look like a friggin crack addict that missed his morning injection." Emma whispered to me.

"Can you distract me?" I begged looking at her.

Emma took the initiative and pointed out some spilled chocolate milk on the floor. It was nothing at first but then a few seconds later, some kid slipped on it and tried to save himself the fall but fell anyways looking all the more ridiculous. Emma and I walked by him quickly and began laughing hysterically.