Part 1

My name is Rachel Wright, I'm seventeen
years old. For as long as I can remember my father has been an alcoholic. Lately my family has been going through things far worse than anyone can possibly imagine. Me personally had been through the world. As a child, I had been teased either for my frizzy brown hair or my ragged, hand-me-down clothes. Being the youngest of a poor family, I didn't have the opportunity to go to school, so I wasn't just uneducated, and poor but abused by my father, and looked down because of where I came from

         . Many days and nights, whenever I may have come home, there was my mother in an argument with my drunken father. And every time he raised is hands to hit her you would hear immediate screaming and shuffling around the kitchen, echoing the sound of plates crashing on the floor. The sight of it, was a nightmare we all had to live in. I couldn't sleep those nights. He only got worse, he started taking his anger out on us, his children. He tried to stop drinking, but he couldn't. He was so addicted, he just became more angrier, angrier than usual. We came to a realization soon after "Life was not meant to be in anyone's favor. We're all expected to be what the world wants us to be, but sometimes, deep down inside you, you hear questions, 'Who am I', 'Who do I want to be'?".

As the sound of leather hitting against bare skin, and screams all echoed through our thoughts every night. Dreams no longer existed, I needed an escape. Something that wasn't love but gave the same feeling. If love is what my parents have I don't want it. I needed something I had control over. After many sleepless nights and tears, I have found it, Music. Others say its pathetic to put so much heart felt emotion into it, but it speaks to me in a way no one or anything can. I sat down and plugged in my earplugs, my parents were at it again, fighting. I sat in my room and turned to the window that was open to the beach. The wind that blew over the salt water brushed against my face, and pressed play.

"I'm trying to hold my breath Let it stay this way. Can't let this moment end. You set off a dream with me Getting louder now .Can you hear it echoing? Take my hand. Will you share this with me? Cause darling without you who will I be.All the shine of a thousand spotlights All the stars we steal from the nightsky Will never be enough Never be enough Towers of gold are still too little
These hands could hold the world but it'll Never be enough Never be enough".

I left this song on repeat for the hours to come, and suddenly there was a scream that came louder than my music, I was the only one home besides my parents. My heart began to race, I was scared. I pulled out my earplugs and there air became cold and empty. I heard a soft crying in down the hall. I decided to go and see what was happening. I walked down the hall and the crying got a little bit more intense. The silence was creeping up my skin, the house was never this quiet, there was no crashing of plates or sobs of pain. There was something else, another sound. It was the clock, a loud tick tock, I was astonished, the clock never worked I didn't understand why it did now. This kind of silence could never be fond at home, I was shaking from the fear. I checked all the rooms except the kitchen. The crying got louder, I could've felt my heart trying to jump out of my chest. As I turned the corner, I gasped, and fell to my knees. No.... it can't be, it could not be. And the tears began to fall...... I cant.... escape....