Ok, good luck Hayley Alexandria Richardson. I love you!❤️😘

Love you too Jack Finnegan Gilinsky😘😘❤️

I put my phone in my backpack, and put it in my locker. I sigh and open my book up.

"What's up Hay? You alright?" Evelyn says.

"Yeah totally. Just trying to focus."

I was upset, I was growing upset as I kept thinking about Leigh breaking up with Jack. He was hurt and I knew he was hurting pretty bad. He just doesn't show it, but I knew it when he said that he's going to miss her.

Yet thankfully I snapped out of it.

"Girls, let's get the win!" My coach yells and all of us cheer.

The gym was blasting with amazing warm up music. The stands were heavily filled with West Side students, obviously. The other side with the opposing team fans, barely any of them. I saw my mom, Liz and Sammy. I smiled.

"Hay!" Evelyn yells, she's holding a ball in her hand.

I nod, knowing immediately she wants to be my partner.

Focus Hayley. Focus. This is your game. Don't worry about Jack right now.

I kept telling myself, because I really needed to.

"Captains!" The referee yells.

"Evelyn, Hayley!" The coach yells and we walk up to the stand.

This is the coin toss, my favorite part of the game, besides the actual playing. Evelyn and I shook hands with the captains of Burke, they gave us dirty looks.

"What do you call West Side?"

"Heads?" I asked Ev in a low voice. She nods.

"Heads," I say.

I closed my eyes and sighed as the coin was being tossed.

"Heads," the ref says with a smile. "Serve or receive?"

"Serve," Evelyn immediately answers.

This also means we get in the court first.

"Good luck," the ref says.

We shake hands with the Burke girls. Evelyn and I walk back to the coach.

"We got serve so we're on," I say to the coach.

"ON THE COURT GIRLS!!" She yells and immediately she starts the warm up.

Warmups went by quickly, like they always should. We were in the huddle as the coach came in with the starting lineup and she read it to us. I was starting back row, opposite of Evelyn.

"So girls, it's the first game. Make your school proud, make your parents proud, but play for yourselves and make yourself proud. I know you are capable of playing one hell of a game tonight. So go get it done. Warriors on three! 1, 2, 3..."

"Warriors," the team cheers.

The other five girls went to their designated positions on the court. So did I.

"GO HAYLEY!!" Liz yells in the nearly dead quiet gym.

I give her a look and she starts laughing.

The two referees check both teams' lineup and we're ready to start.

I close my eyes and I breathe.

Play this game for you Richardson.

I hear the whistle blow and my eyes shoot open. I watch as Tori Harrison serves the ball over the net.

The other team makes a play, but setting it over to me. I pass and call for a back row hit. When I see the ball coming towards me, I see Leigh's face. It's mean I know.

THAT'S FOR HURTING JACK!!! I think while I contact the ball.

The ball quickly falls on the ground. The crowd cheers along with us girls. My adrenaline begins to race.

After the game, we all talked about how funny it was, to see girls fly everywhere on the court. We killed Burke.

"Good job Hayley! Some great hits!" Olivia, the setter, says.

"Thanks for the awesome sets!" I say, she smiles back at my comment.

I open my locker, grabbed my stuff and walked out.

"See ya tomorrow guys!" I yell. Some people returned a goodbye.

My mother, Liz, and Sammy joined me in the middle of the court.

"Good job Hay," Sammy says, giving me a hug.

"Thank you Wilk and thanks for coming," I say, gently punching his arm.

"GIRL!!!" Liz shrieks. "You always do so amazing!" She pulls me into a hug.

"I need to tell you something, but I'll text you okay?" I say quietly in her ear.

She nods and we pull away.

"Killed em Hay," my mom says, pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you," I whisper.

I felt so content at this point, no more anger.

* * *

I texted Liz about everything that happened before the game. She told me to be that friend and help him through it. I also told my mom the whole truth after all. She wasn't upset, she actually smiled.

My phone sounded for a notification.

GILINSKY❤️: Text Message

I smile and open it up.

Heard you played super good from Sam. Wish I could've seen my long lost best friend play volleyball. Thanks for the advice Hayley, just wanted to say goodnight ❤️

I sighed with a huge grin on my face. I answer.

Would have been nice to see you there long lost best friend. But of course Jack anytime, just know you can call or text me when you need too. Goodnight bud 😊❤️

I put my phone to charge on the night stand and turn of the lamp.

Oh Jack. I think before I go to sleep.

* * A/N * *

Chapter 4 end. I think we all know where this is headed.

First I want to say I have no hate towards Leigh.

Second, I didn't want to really go into major details about volleyball. For those readers who don't play it or don't understand the concept of the game. So.

The story is going to progressively get better. This is my first ever fanfic. I'm trying my best to make it as good as I can :) so it can be enjoyable.

So thank you for reading Flights to LA. I appreciate it A LOT!!!! Hope you enjoy it as well.

Comment. Comment. Vote. Read especially.

Thanks guys!

- much love ❤️