18 (Ashton)

Ashton's POV

After the boys and I come off stage, we all go back stage while the crew gets all of the equipment and puts it on the bus. After a while, Michael, Calum, and Luke go on the bus, but I stay back and hang out backstage. I decide that I'm going to message Kelsie to see if she wants to come back to talk to me for a few minutes.

@Ashton5SOS: Are you still here?

@KelsieJThomas: Yeah. Why?

@Ashton5SOS: Just wondering... Are you coming to anymore shows this tour?

@KelsieJThomas: No. I was barely able to come to this one. I'm pretty sure this was my one chance to see you guys live. It was amazing though

@Ashton5SOS: Thanks. Glad you liked it. Any chance you want to come hang out for a few minutes before we have to go?

@KelsieJThomas: I should probably get home... I'm sorry.

@Ashton5SOS: It's fine. I get it. Drive safe. I'll talk to you later.

@KelsieJThomas: Ash...

@Ashton5SOS: Seriously Kels, it's fine. Message me when you get home so I know that you made it okay. Bye xx

I sit and look around the room as I wait for Kelsie to reply to me. Suddenly, someone puts their hands in front of my eyes, and says, "Guess who?" I jump off the couch, and turn around to see who it is.

"Kels!" I say. I'm shocked that she came back. She said that she had to go home. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"It seemed like you really wanted to see me, so here I am."

"I thought you had to go home."

"It can wait a few minutes, can't it?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Was there something you wanted to talk about?" she asks me.

"Well, I want to talk about, you know," I say as I quickly look at her wrist, "but I know we don't have enough time."

"Then why-"

"I just want to make sure you're okay," I tell her.

"I'm fine. I always am."

"But-"

"I'm fine," She says more forcefully. "I don't do it unless things are really bad. You're almost always able to stop me. You've saved me so many times, Ash," she says quietly.

"What do you mean?" I wonder.

"You-" she begins to say.

"Ash! We're leaving. You need to get your stuff and- oh. Hi Kelsie."

"Hey Luke," Kelsie says while sighing.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we need to go." Luke looks at me and says, "You've got, like, two minutes." He walks out of the room, and I turn back to face Kelsie.

"I'm sorry," I say to her,.

"It's fine. I get it."

"We can talk later. I promise." I open my arms, and she walks into them. As I wrap my arms around her, I whisper, "I don't know how to say this without making it sound weird, but I love you and you are important, okay? You matter, and whoever is the reason for why you hurt yourself does not deserve to have you in their life." She needs to know that she is important. I know she looks up to me, and this may save her from doing something that she will regret later. As soon as I'm done speaking, I notice that she's crying. "What's wrong?" I ask as I pull away from her.

"You- I- Thank you," she says, wiping her tears.

"For what?" I ask, confused.

"I never thought I would hear those things from anyone, let alone my whole world. Ash, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. I've thought about ending it so many times, but something as simple as watching a keek of just you talking for 10 seconds or hearing you giggle in a video can stop me. After everything you went through, you continue to smile and laugh and spread positivity and that has literally saved my life," she tells me.

"Wow." I look at her for a minute as I realize the weight of her words. I saved her life... "I'm glad you're still here, and I'm glad I could help," I say as I smile.

"You should go. You don't want Luke getting mad at you again," she says, changing the subject.

"I guess you're right."

"Thank you for everything."

"Of course. Hey, do you still have that Sharpie?" I ask her.

"Yeah." She takes it out of her pocket and hands it to me. I take it from her and write on her arm. I want her to know that when she feels alone, she definitely is not.

"No peaking until later," I tell her as I hand the sharpie back. I turn to walk out of the room, and then I say, "Bye Kelsie."

"Bye Ashton."