13 (Ashton)

Ashton's POV

Once I stop singing, the door next to Kelsie and I opens, and Luke steps out. "Can- Can I talk to her for a second?" he asks. I want to tell him to go away. To leave her alone. I can't believe what he said to her. No matter how mad he was at me, there's no reason for him to be mean to someone, let alone a fan who is here to see him perform. Kelsie leans back into more to get away from Luke. I pull her into me to let her know that I'm here for her. "I just want to explain," Luke says.

To my surprise, Kelsie says, "Go ahead." Luke sits on the ground in front of Kelsie and I to be on eye level with her.

"Can I ask you something first?" Luke asks Kelsie. She nods her head and he says, "What's your name?"

"Kelsie," she tells him.

"Well Kelsie, I'm really sorry about what I said... I didn't mean it. It's just, all the girls that try and get close with us don't really... have high standards, if you know what I mean. I was mad because Ashton was being distracted, and someone he had just met was the cause of that. I'm sure you're a lovely person, and I would love for you to stick around so that I can make it up to you. I'm sorry that I'm not the perfect 'Luke Hemmings' that you made up in your head and see online, but I hope you can forgive me, because I really would like to get to know you. Do you think it's possible that you'll forgive me eventually?" I groan internally the entire time he's apologizing because it's cheesy and even though he might not even mean it, she'll forgive him anyways. She tries to get out of my grasp, so I let go of her, and drop my arms from around her. As soon as I do, she reaches over and hugs Luke. "Thank you," Luke whispers to her.

"For what?" she asks as she pulls away from him.

"Forgiving me. I feel really bad about what I said, and I needed you to know how sorry I am."

"It's okay Luke. What you said still hurts, but I would like to try being friends." Luke looks down at her and smiles, but then he glances up at me. Once he sees the glare that I'm giving him, his smile drops immediately. I mean, I'm as intimidating as a pink butterfly most of the time, but Luke knows that I'm never serious or mad. And right now I am both.

"The show is going to start soon, so we should all go back into the dressing room," Luke says. I stand up, and then reach my hand down to help Kelsie up. Once she's up, I release her hand and open the door for her. Once she's through and I follow, I "accidently" let go of the door so that it will slam in Luke's face. I know I'm being a jerk right now towards Luke, but he kind of deserves it. Kelsie and I leave Luke behind on our walk to the dressing room, and after we get there, Luke says, "Hey Kelsie, I'm just gonna borrow Ashton for a second."

She looks at me for a second, and once I nod slightly to let her know it was fine, she says, "Okay," and then walks into the room.

A/N

I saw 5sos open for 1D last night in Philly, and it was EPIC. They are such good performers. If you ever get a chance, you should definetely go and see them live :)