14 (Luke)

Luke's POV

"What is your problem?" I ask Ashton.

"I don't have a problem."

"Why are you all of a sudden acting like you hate me?" I wonder.

"Because you've been acting like an ass all day."

"I said I was sorry! I apologized to Kelsie for saying that about her and for being hostile towards her. What more do you want from me?"

"I'm just afraid that later on, she's going to over think this, and think that you meant what you said," Ashton admits.

"But she said it was fine. She forgives me and is willing to let that incident go."

"That's because she looks up to you. She's forgiving you because she's a fan."

"Look, I apologized for what I said, and she said that she forgives me."

"I know. I'm just worried about her, is all," he says with a concerned expression.

"Why? She seems fine. What could she have told you that makes you worry about her so much?" I ask.

"N-nothing."

"Ash. You can tell me."

"No I can't. I said I wouldn't," he says firmly.

"Okay..." I say hesitantly. "By the way, after the show, you have some explaining to do," I remind him.

"I know. Can you please just be nice to her for now?" he asks.

"Yeah. She seems nice," I say with a slight smile. Ashton and I walk back into the room, and it's dead silent. Ash's phone buzzes and kills the silence, but other than that, there are no sounds. I plop onto the couch between Calum and Michael and look at them. They don't say anything, so I look over to see that Ashton and Kelsie are on their phones. As soon as they both put them away, I say, "Since you're both here, can you explain why Kelsie is here?"

"Sure," she says. "Ash?" Ashton walks over to where she is, and sits next to her on the floor.

"Yeah... Sure. Basically she has some of the same issues that I did, and I want to help. And since it's her first 5sos show, I wanted her to experience sound check. And then I just wanted to hang out with her. I don't have any friends other than you guys, and I thought it would be nice. And I know you guys don't like that or her, but can you please at least try to be nice?" he rambles.

A security guard walks into the room and says, "You guys are going on in about 10 minutes. You better go down to the stage in the next minute or two."

"Okay, thanks," Calum says.

"I guess I better go find my seat. It was nice meeting you guys. Good luck." Kelsie stands up and walks out of the room without saying anything else. Ash looks around the room at all of us with a slightly pained expression, and then he jumps up and runs after her.

"Come on. We should go," I tell the rest of the guys. We go down to the stage and wait for Ashton.

After about 5 minutes, he rushes in saying, "I'm here, I'm here. Lets do this." Someone hands him his drum sticks, and then we go on stage.