School day

Later on that morning Alex was out for her morning run, and had her room cleaned up, bed made, closet cleaned, clothes folded.

Steve knocked on Alex's door, to wake her up. "Hey Alex it's...." Looking around. "Um, okay."

Downstairs in the kitchen, Alex was eating a bowl of cereal, in her workout gear, earbuds in, jamming out. Once Alex finished her breakfast, she ran upstairs for a shower and walked to school. "Bye dad. I'll see you tonight for the game right?"

"Um, yeah, what time again?"

"It's seven tonight."

"We'll be there."

Kissing Steve. "Thanks dad."

At Kukui high school, Alex was walking to her locker putting her football bag in there and grabbing a book.

First period was English. Ms. Cassidy assigned a writing assignment.

"So I'll be collecting everyones assignment if you'd just put them on your desk."

Suddenly Alex and another student Jamie Collins were called to the principle's office. Down in the office Alex and Jamie sat down waiting for the principle to call them in.

"Ms. McGarrett and Mr. Collins, please join me in here." A male voice sounded.

The principle was an older man, he was new to Kukui and the first time anyone has met him.

"Um, I'm not sure what I'm doing here, I haven't done anything remotely bad in a while." Alex spoke up.

"No, Ms. McGarrett its not about that, you and Mr. Collins are both up for the same reward, the Steven's award for Athlete of the year, the announcement will be today, after both your games."

Alex looked at Jamie. "What sport do you play?"

"I play football, like you do, I'll be taking your spot next year, after you graduate this year."

"Oh, really, just so you know as starting QB and as Captain of the team I name my successor, you might've wanted to have thought about that before you shot your mouth off."

After the principle dismissed them Alex went back to class, making a pit stop, by coach Wheeler's office. "Hey coach, so who's taking my spot next year?"

"That's all you kid, you pick at Senior night. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, the new principle just called me and this Jamie Collins kid down and he told me he's taking my spot next year."

"And thats why you're asking me?"

"Oh, I'm not worried, I just plan on making this kid squirm, he's all oh I'm mister hot shot, and I'm taking your spot. I hate people who are really cocky about something."

Coach Wheeler was just looking at Alex.

"No, you can't be cocky if its true, I know I'm good, but I also don't assume I get what I want either, my dad taught me that."

"Well you need to get back to class, so go, I'll see you tonight."

"Okay, bye coach."

The last bell sounded and school was out, Alex was at her locker getting her bag and other books she needed. Walking down to the football field, Alex sat on the bench and watched the team practice.