Looking back into the past.

The next morning, Lynn and Steve were sitting at the table, when Alex came down. "Good morning, dad, Lynn."

"Good morning Alex."

Alex sat down, at the table. Turning to Lynn. "I'm sorry about yesterday, I was out of line, and rude." Looking at Steve. "I'm going to assume my dad told you why I acted like I did yesterday?"

"Yes he did, and thank you for your apology, I accept it. Alex, just so you know, if you ever do want to talk, you can call, and I'll come to you, this relationship only works if all three of us, are united."

"I just have one question."

"Fire away."

"How awkward is this for you? I mean dating a man with a seventeen year old daughter?"

"Well, when my friend set us up, I didn't know, then I saw all your stuff, Steve told me."

"How did you react?"

"I was a little shocked, but only because when our friend set us up, she never mentioned you."

"What friend?"

"My dads lawyer friends, the one I was helping out."

"Oh yeah, thats right."

Lynn looked at them weird. Alex noticed. "Steve adopted me, the Yakuza killed my parents, I was just moving in when they were killed."

"I had know idea, that must've been awful."

"No, what was awful, was when my family, tried suing dad, claiming he kept me from them, when in actually, they only wanted me for the family money. My father was a successful CEO back California where I'm from, then I decided to become a hacker, and mess around, I was kicked out of every high school, in the country until finally we had to move here. Um, my parents never really paid attention to me, so that was my outlet, for attention. So I was coming home from school one day, and I saw police cars everywhere, they found my parents dead, so Steve and Danny put me up in a hotel, WoFat, at the time, we had though was head of the Yakuza tried to kill me, so Steve had the idea, he would be better suited to protect me, and its history after that."

Steve putting his arm around Alex's shoulder, and smiled. "You haven't talked about that day in a while."

"I know, but it just reminds me about Catherine, and what happened that night you brought me home.