Chapter 32

FRIDAY (one day before party)

I'm visiting my mom who lives in Incheon. I haven't seen her ever since I moved to Seoul. Tomorrow is the party, but I'll be able to make it on time.

Then I realize I don't have a dress. Shit what am I going to do now? Whatever, I'll figure it out. I stand in front of the door and just stare at the red rectangle in front of me. I raise my hand to knock but hesitate, as I remember a memory.

"Mom! I'm back!" I call out to her through my tears as I enter the quiet house. I was told that she wasn't mute anymore but still depressed. My mother appeared from behind the curtains. She comes and cups my face. "I heard every last thing that you've done, when and where, and etcetera. Why? Why Y/N?" Is what the first thing she said to me. I had just gotten home from jail.

"Mom, I'm changing my life completely now. I've decided to become a police officer in Seoul.  I have to leave you again.... I'm so sorry..." My mom takes a tissue and wipes my eyes. "That's a brave decision you have made. Go, and change the world Y/N." She sent me off and from then, I haven't seen her again.

I ring the door bell. Not long after, the door opens. I smile at her. My mom covers her mouth and pulls me into a hug. "Oh my goodness you don't know how much I missed you Y/N." She cries, as I enters the house. "I missed you too mom."  I reply.

She brings us both glasses of water. "So how have you been? Is the police station good? Do you like your partner and the work atmosphere?" My mom obviously had so many questions for me ever since I moved. "One at a time mom." I giggle and start to answer her questions.

"I've been doing fine. I've been paying attention to my health and everything. I did get stabbed on the side when we were handling that case in Daegu." Right when I said that sentence, she pulls up my shirt and takes a look at my side.

"Oh my, it's so bruised still. Does it hurt sometimes?" I nod. "Hold on, I have a special ointment that should help." My mom rushes to the medicine cabinet and pulls out the ointment. While applying it, I keep going.

"The police station is great, my partner is Lee Taeyong and he's super sweet but doesn't show it. He's really serious a lot is not clingy. Work is going great I'm the only woman officer there."

"Wait. You're talking like Taeyong and you are a thing, are you guys?" - Mom. I blush and fidget with my fingers. "AHHH I KNEW IT!! I'm so happy for you Y/N!! I want meet him ASAP!" My mom squeals like she saw her fav celebrity.

"Does he know about your past Y/N?" My mom's happy mood is now the opposite. "Yeah he does, we got into a bid argument and all." I tell her everything that happened with Yuta, Taeyong, and everything. I also tell her about the party that's tomorrow.

"I have a dress for you actually!" She leads me up to her room and pulls out a nice light pink/sandy lace dress. "I bought this for you last year. I wanted to give it to you as a present. Now it's a perfect time." She hands me the dress and I admire its beauty.

"I love it so much thank you mom! I'm gonna try it on!!" I rush to the bathroom and try it.

Dress:

TAEYONG P

TAEYONG P.O.V

I step out of the shower and just stand there panting from the hot water. I run my fingers through my hair. The bathroom door opens and Mark peeks in. "Yah Taeyong! I need to use the restroom! Didn't I tell you stop standing there naked all the time?" Mark rolls his eyes and closes the door.

I grab my towel and wrap it around my hips, covering my area. I dry hair with another. I walk through the house like this to get to the fridge, to get a bottle of water. (I wish Taeyong would do that in my house.)

~moments later he has now put on some boxers and is laying in his bed~

I grab my phone and start to text Y/N.

Taeyong: Heyyy

Y/N: Heyyy

Taeyong: Did you do anything exciting today?

Y/N: Yeah, I went to Incheon to visit my mom, I just came back home now and I'm exhausted

Taeyong: Aww bby it's ok, just take a shower and you'll feel much better. Today, I just did your police errands since you had the day off

Y/N: Thank you 😘

Taeyong: I think I'm gonna go to sleep, I can't wait to see you tomorrow, I bet you're going to be so beautiful, you already are

Y/N: Awww you're so sweet! I'm screen shorting this conversation bc you're always not this cheesy and all

Taeyong: (*-*)

Taeyong: Goodnight 😴❤️ Love

Y/N: Good night to you too 😴❤️ love