Chapter 4

Jessica's POV
The first night spent in my new bed was actually very nice. Orla kept me up for the most part, just chatting about her life and how she was really happy I was living with them.

When we went round Erin's house for breakfast, she told me about a party happening at a girl's house tonight, and asked if I wanted to go. I said yes but Erin said she wanted to introduce me to her friends before we go.

"Ma. Can Clare, Michelle and James come round today?" 
"Yeah I guess. Or you could all go out for lunch to that wee cafe you took Katya to?" Erin nodded her head, then continued to eat.
"They're quite excited to meet you." Orla smiled.
"Even Michelle." Erin muttered.
"Michelle? Why?"
"She's a bit, agh." Erin pulled a face.
-
After breakfast Orla and I went home to get ready.
I put on a black tank top, baggy ripped jeans and a black/grey and white plaid top which I left unbuttoned.
I tied my hair up with a black scrunchie.

My cousins took me down to meet their friends at a wee cafe. 'Brennan's' I think.
The first one there was a small blonde named Clare. She had a big smile on her face and was eager to get to know me.
"How are you?" She asked.
"I'm okay, thank you. All things considered."
"I'm so sorry about what happened."
"Don't apologise." I replied.
"I can't offer much, but if I can help in anyway, please let me know."
"You're too kind, Clare."

The door swung open and in walked a girl with black, big curly hair. She wore a skin tight, short black dress and a silver jacket. A guy trailed behind her. He was tall, with curly hair also, and looked uncomfortable.
"Alright fuckers!" The girl shouted.
"Michelle, James, this is my cousin Jessica."
"Our, cousin." Orla corrected her. Erin rolled her eyes again.
"James is a dick, by the way." Michelle said to me.
"Thanks for that." Now he looked depressed.
"It's nice to meet you James." I smiled. He smiled back.
"Anyway, how do you like Derry?" Clare asked.
"It's nice. I saw a bit of it the other day, but I don't really know yet."
"Are you coming to Jenny's party then?" Michelle asked.
"Yeah. I think I'm being dragged more than anything."
"Class!"
-
The day rolled by quite fast. Before I knew it, I was sitting on the floor in my new room drying my hair, whilst Orla lay on her bed wrapped in a towel, singing along to music.

 Before I knew it, I was sitting on the floor in my new room drying my hair, whilst Orla lay on her bed wrapped in a towel, singing along to music

I then got dressed into a leopard print dress and white heels. I decided to leave my hair down. I applied some makeup and my favourite hoop earrings.
Once Orla was ready I took a photo of us on the trusty old Polaroid. I wrote: 'Orla' in a pink pen then under it I wrote the date in black.

"You girls look beautiful." Aunt Mary smiled at myself, Erin and Orla as we stood in Erin's kitchen.
"Let me get a photo." Aunt Sarah commented before jumping up and grabbing a disposable camera and snapped a photo of us.
"Girls, have fun. Be careful." Mary warned.
"We will ma." Erin rolled her eyes. God that girl's eyes will get stuck in the back of her head if she's not careful.

On our way to Jenny's house, we walked passed a small shop. I stopped the girls and went in. I bought a box of chocolates and some alcohol. I took the money out of my bra along with my fake ID. I thought I would need the ID, but I think my outfit and makeup made me look older. Old enough for the guy to wink at me.
I went back out to find Michelle and James now standing with my cousins.