Melissa Madison makes me happy.. She brings out the best in me.. She makes me hug who I am.

I splashed water on my face to wake myself up. "God Melissa Madison, you're something else.." I shook my head with a smile plastered on my face. She really is something else.. Not even Carl was able to increase my heart beat just because of sheer bliss. Of course he did make my heart beat faster, but that was just because he almost fell down the stairs.

I dressed up into my uniform and looked at myself once more. I unbuttoned the first two buttons of my blouse and I did not button up my blazer this time. Do I look good enough? Will she notice me? Why am I even asking myself about this kind of things anyway? But seriously, do I look good and attractive for me to engender Melissa's attention? I tied my hair up in a bun, letting a few strands of my hair fall on the sides of my face.

Damn, I look so fine. I hope that this is enough to catch her attention. After staring at my reflection for five minutes with me turning around and grinning like a madwoman, I grabbed my bag and went downstairs to have my breakfast with the family.

"Hey dad! Hey Hilary! Hey twins!" I chirped as I took my seat cheerfully, causing them to look at me with their brows furrowed. I looked at each of them before asking, "what?"

They just continued to stare at me. I took that as my cue to just shrug it off and start eating this delightfully delicious bacon and eggs.

"Hey sissy!" My little brother ran to me with his favorite teddy bear. He kissed my cheeks then hugged me for a short period of time. "Oh, you're awake already! Your classes start at 10am, you should still be sleeping.." I said with a surprised tone while maintaining the smile on my face.

"Why are you guys not eating yet?" Samuel's deep voice echoed through the house. After he said this, Carl went swiftly to his seat and started eating. I chuckled at my little brother. He seemed so afraid of Samuel. I continued eating my meal that was interrupted by my cute little and adorable brother.

"Looks like everyone has seen a ghost.." Sam says. He pulled his chair slowly while looking at everyone with a suspicious look. I gave him a questioning look. "Why are you looking at us like that?" Instead of answering, he just continued to look at us like that. "Hey Sam!" I chuckled. "Why are you giving us that look?" I added with a smile. "Hey.." He greeted back as his voice lowered as his answer ended.

"Has someone seen Carroll? This one seems to be fake.. Or worse, possessed!?" He said while looking around him, maybe to look for someone who will agree with him. However, his comment made me throw a grape, aiming for his face. He was about to throw something at me too, but dad's clearing of his throat prevented him from doing so.

"Kids.. You should be eating, not playing counter strike, dining version.." Dad scolded with a stern voice, but you could hear the amusement under it. "Sorry dad.." Both of us chorused with the same tone our dad gave us.

By now, I've finished my meal. Since I want to give Melissa something in return, I have to be early or else everyone will see me.. Screw it, I don't care if I'm seen or not..
I don't care about what they will say anymore. My aim is to make Melissa happy, and some side-comments are not getting in my way. They shouldn't have mattered to me at all in the first place.

I got up from my seat and went to the fridge to get the cake in there. "I forgot the flowers.." I told myself as I put the cake on the counter. I hastily ran upstairs to my room to get the lilies, then running down again to the kitchen counter to retrieve the cake.

"There, all ready.." I smiled to myself. I'm feeling so proud of myself right now. This is the first time I'm going to give someone a cake! And the first time I had the courage to give presents to someone.