Letting Go

A truck drives slowly through the streets of New York. The truck carry's three people. The first was named Brett. He was a blonde semi short man, with brown eyes. The second was named Elizabeth, who also goes by the name Liz. Liz was a brunette with green eyes, she was slightly taller than Brett, but not by much. The third was named Mike. Mike was a tall skinny kid who had black hair and brown eyes. The first two sat in the front seats talking about whatever popped into their minds. Liz seemed mildly annoyed the whole time, but she owed Brett a favor. Mike, however, was in the back. He was bleeding onto a red towel, and had a face that showed defeat. He was barely breathing. But he was alive at the very least. The unconscious kid in the back was in his own world. Mike was dreaming. But the dream felt more like a nightmare.
                             T H E D R E A M
Mike was surrounded in nothing but darkness. Mike looks for a source of light or anything to help him navigate the darkness. He wanders aimlessly. Mike stops walking after a minute. He stands there knowing that he wouldn't find anything. But, something did find him. The blackness slowly shifts into light, and Mike is presented with a hospital room. He looks around the room and sees a curtain, with four shadowy figures behind it. Mike walks up to the curtain and grabs the side of it. He slowly moves it aside, and he finds his mother giving birth. Needless to say Mike looked away. I don't want to describe it to you. So we'll just skip forward twenty minutes. When the screaming stops Mike turns around to see his mom holding a baby. Mike's dad stood beside her and smiled happily. "What should we name him?" The mom asks. "How about..." The dad searches his brain for a name but didn't find anything. "Mike!" The mom says after a minute. "Mike... yeah I like that." The dad says with glee. Mike watches them talk about him. They didn't speak meanly about him. Instead they talked about how he would get far in life. They were so nice to Mike when his sister wasn't born. Mike smiles a little bit and watches as they fade away.
       Something new starts to build in front of Mike. It was his old home. Mike approaches the home and looks at the home address. Instead of it being it's normal address, it says, 'Ten Years Later.' Mike frowns knowing what he will see behind the door. Mike hesitantly grabs the door handle, and twists it to the left. He steps into the home and sees three things. The first was a young Mike smiling happily drawing in a coloring book. The second was his parents weren't home, and a babysitter was sitting behind him watching TV. The third was a black figure standing in the back staring at him. Mike hears the door open and his mom say, "We're home!" The babysitter stands up and stays, "Welcome home." The dad chuckles at her and hands her money that Mike didn't bother to count. "Well I'll be leaving. Best of luck with your new baby." The sitter walks out the door and young Mike was left with his parents and a baby. "This is your baby sister Mike." His mom says sitting crisscrossed on the floor nest to him. Mike looks down at the baby. "Can I hold her?" Mike asks. "No. You'll spread your bad luck onto her." His mom says in a annoyed tone. "Oh... sorry for asking." Mike says while looking down. "You should be. Go to your room and don't come out until we tell you." His dad says. "...Ok." Mike stands up and leaves.
       The scene faded around him, and Mike is left with a young kid. He looked nothing like young Mike. The kid had brown hair, and was shorter than most kids at his age. He was hunched over and shaking lightly. Something was weird about this kid. Mike couldn't feel happy when he was near the kid. He just felt pain, regret, misery. Nothing good came out of this kid. The kid ran away and Mike ran after it. While the kid was running perfectly, Mike was sinking into the black ground. Once Mike couldn't move anymore, he was dragged under the blackness. He begins to fall. While he's falling he sees giant words floating in the air. The words spell out, 'Five Years Later.' Mike falls past the words and hits the roof of his home falling into a scene. He sees a 15 year old Mike sitting at a small desk in his boring room. The younger Mike was doing homework. There was a black figure right next to dream Mike staring at the real Mike. A loud bang is heard at the door, causing both Mikes to turn to it. The door opens violently, revealing his dad. "What the fuck are you doing?" His voice was loud and terrifying. "I-I'm doing my homework." Mikes voice was weak and pitiful. "You can finish it later, I need you to go out to the store. Here's a list, now you better get going before I get the bat!" Mike stands up and runs out of the room with a list of items. Mike follows himself down stairs and found him being yelled at by his mom, "Where the fuck are you going?" His mom asks angrily. "I'm going to the store to get you guys stuff." Mike says weakly. "Well how the fuck did you think you'd buy the shit without money? For being  so ignorant you'll get the bat!" Young Mike attempts to run past her, but is smacked to the ground by a bat wielded by his dad. His dad grabs Mike's feet and drags him to the garage. That was the same day Mike got his scars. Mike decided not to follow them, nor wanting to relieve that memory.
       Mike stands idly on the stairs. He remembers this day. Mike hears a weak voice grumble behind him. Mike turns, and finds the kid. The kid grumbles silently. "Are you alri-" Before Mike could finish his sentence, the kid pushes him down the stairs. Mike tumbled down the stairs grunting when he hits the bottom. The floor beneath Mike cracks, like glass, and he falls further down. Pieces of the floor accompanied him while fell. After a little while, Mike hits a black wet floor. Surprisingly Mike felt no pain. Probably because it's a dream. Mike lays there silently reflecting on what he had just witnessed. While Mike is reflecting, he hears a quiet voice at the back of his mind. Soon the voice grew louder, revealing it was his own voice. It was yelling at Mike, saying things like, 'Failure' or 'Idiot' or even 'Waste of flesh and bone.' Mike slowly stands up, more voices entering his mind. They were the voices of people Mike knew. His parents, The  , the few friends he had before this, his sister he barely knew. Their voices deafen him with words of hate. Mike starts running, hoping to avoid them. But the faster he ran, the louder they were. Mike closes his eyes and screams, "STOP!" The voices slowly died down leaving him in darkness. A bright light fills Mike's eyes leaving him blind for a couple of seconds.
       When the brightness subsided, Mike sees the kid laying down on a hospital bed. The kid still looked weak. Mike approaches the bed with caution, and comes to a stop right in front of the bed. The first thing Mike sees is a pistol on the opposite side of the bed. Mike walks around the bed and grabs the pistol. Mike holds the gun to his side while he examines the kid. The kid had a hospital gown, with an oxygen mask strapped onto his head covering his mouth and nose. A note is attached to the headboard of the bed. Mike grabs it and reads the note. The note reads: 'What Is He?' Mike looks at the kid and searches his brain. What could this kid represent or be? Mike looks at his own body. His eyes look down towards the sleeves of his coat. He, hesitantly, raises his sleeves up and finds the scars on his arms. 'Loser' and 'Mistake' are permanently carved into him. That's when a revaluation hit Mike like a brick. This kid represented Mike, that was obvious. But what wasn't obvious was how he represented Mike. This kid represented Mike's regret, Mike's failure, Mike's depression, Mike's scars. This was the part of Mike that clings onto the abuse of his parents, or the failures Mike has endured. This part of Mike thrives off of his pain. The thing was a kid to represent weakness. The kid was in a hospital bed to represent the support that he NEEDS from others, because he can't support himself. "Why do you exist?" Mike asks. "I don't need you. Nobody needs you." The kids eyes weakly wander up to Mike. "Nobody wants you. You're toxic." The kid shriveled up a bit. "You cause pain. The pain we inflict on ourselves because of the regret, and depression you make us feel." Mike stands above the kid with teary eyes. "I don't want you anymore. You need to be removed from my body and mind." Mike raises the gun up to the kid crying. "I won't let you hold me back, or control me anymore!" Mike puts the barrel of the gun on the kids head. "I WILL SAVE THEM! I WILL SAVE MYSELF!" Mike pulls the trigger. The bullet flys through the kids head. Black ooze pours out of the bullet hole. The kid goes limp, and slowly disappears.
          The darkness of the place around Mike slowly brightens. Mike stands there crying, while the world changes around him. Mike rubs his teary eyes with his hands, and when he removes them he sees a warm blue sky, and nice green grass. Trees rustle while a light breeze blows through them. Mike slowly stops crying, and feels peace. Mike smiles and closes his eyes again.
       When Mike's eyes open again, he sees a dark great ceiling above him. Mike looks to the left and sees two people talking to each other. One of the two looks at the couch Mike is on. The persons eyes widens and says, "He's awake." The second person turns in their chair, and looks at Mike. "Holly shit, you're alive!" The voice is familiar. "Brett is that you?" Mike asks quietly, still adjusting to being awake. "Yeah, it's me Mike. How are you feeling?" Brett says with slight joy in his voice. "I'm actually feeling great. Uh who's your friend?" Mike asks sitting up. "Ohh, this is Elizabeth, you can call her Liz though." Brett says while motioning to Elizabeth. "Hello." Mike says smiling. Liz responds with a simple, "Hi." There's a moment of silence after Liz's hello. Brett breaks that silence saying, "So Mike, what are you gonna do now?" Mike stares at Brett like he has asked the dumbest question known to the human species. "Well, I'm going to go save the 'Creepypastas' but I have a problem that prevents me from doing that. That problem being that I have lost my power, so I can't aim worth a damn anymore, and I can't heal as fast. So I need your help Brett." Mike looks at Brett waiting for a response. Brett folds his arms and says, "I can help you. But I'm not infiltrating that giant base with you." Mike responds saying, "That's fine, I just need to know how to shoot, and how to get into the place without being noticed."  Brett unfolds his arms saying, "I can do that." Mike smiles and says, "Then let's get going." Mike stands up perfectly, turns to Liz and says, "I assume this is your house Liz. So I thank you for your hospitality." Liz smiles and says, "You're welcome." Brett waves to Liz saying, "Goodbye, and thanks for the help." Liz smiles and nods her head. Brett turns and follows Mike out of the door.

'Weight Of The World (feat. Blaque Keyz)' from the album 'The Human Condition' (2016) By: Jon Bellion