Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

I don't really want to go back to Seoul yet. I want to go home with the others but considering my situation, it really is a must to return. 

But... I wanted to be with Mina unnie one last time before I completely disappear from her sight.

"Chaeng? You okay?" Tzuyu who is beside me, squeezed my hands tightly. I couldn't help but nod in return. My voice isn't coming out due to anxiety. "Everything will be fine. We're here for you." 

I felt Dahyun's hands on my shoulder next as she sadly smiled at me. "Tzuyu's right." 

I'm glad that I have the both of them by my side.

What would I ever do if they leave me?

<><><><><><>

After a few hours, we finally reached home. My Eomma was sitting on the couch, waiting there for me with a worried look on her face. Well, this is not unusual at all. "Chaeng.. are you ready?"  she asked.

I nodded and gave a faint smile, "Yes..." I said as my two best friend tightened their grip both on my hands. Next, my eyes went to the lady who looks like in her mid-30's already. She was wearing a lab coat and she definitely looks like a person from the Medical ward considering the files and papers she's carrying on her hands. I smiled at the guest and questioned my Eomma, "Is she my psychiatrist?"

She nodded and patted my back, "That's right."

The lady put her files down on the table and stood up, offering me a handshake. "Hello, I am Song Hye Kyo. Your personal Psychiatrist." I gladly accepted her hands and was about to introduce myself but she suddenly spoke, "You're Son Chaeyoung. I know. Your eomma has been telling me lots of things about you." she sat down and pat the seat next to her. "Come sit beside me."

I'm scared. 

I glanced at Tzuyu and Dahyun and they both nodded at me. Their eyes were encouraging me and I think it worked.

Nervously, I sat down next to Hye Kyo-ssi then she began to talk. "Chaeyoung. You are well aware of the fact that you have Dissociative Identity Disorder right?" hearing her intense question made the remaining smile disappear from my face. It's like my world has shut itself down.  "Is she showing up lately? Your other personality I mean. " she added.

Just so you know,  Dissociative identity disorder is characterized by the presence of two or more distinct or split identities or personality states that continually have power over the person's behavior. Lucky enough, there's only one personality added. I can't handle it if it'll be 5 or more.

The bad thing about this sickness is, I don't have any recollection of the events that my other personality did, which means when my other personality takes control over my whole body, I won't remember what she did.

I went silent. There's something blocking the words to come out of my mouth. The sweat from my forehead traveled down to my neck and it feels like I was having a break from the real world. 

Well, my silence went on only for a short span of time since my eomma snapped me out of my thoughts by pinching my waist. She does that often. "Oh.. uhm.. yes. She's been showing up a lot lately." I hurriedly took my jacket off and showed the scars that was done by my other self to my arm. "She also tried self-harming." I said, trying my best to prevent my voice from cracking.

Hye Kyo-ssi inspected my arms first before she began to talk again, "You shouldn't go to school for 3 weeks." hearing that dropped my mood.