Chapter 2

Adrien Agreste jump out of his bed as his alarm started to go off.

He was finally getting a full day off from modeling, music lessons and his Chinese tutor. He had a whole day to spend with his friends.

As long as there weren't any Akuma attacks.

Adrien had been keeping a secret from everyone he knew. He was Cat Noir, the superhero. And he had been in love with his partner, Ladybug. At least that was what he thought. It was the first time he had ever been in-love with anyone.

But after being constantly turned down by his Lady, and reminded that they couldn't know about each others identities, he finally realized that if he couldn't know both sides of her, that maybe this "love" he was feeling wasn't the real thing.

She would never know both sides of him either. That's what saddened him the most. He would continue to admire her, until the day they were able to be together.

Until then, he wanted to focus on his friends and family. Since he started attending public school last year, he realized how much happier he was. Even the relationship with his father had started to improve.

His father was the famous fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste. His father didn't become over protective until after his mother disappeared when he was younger. It took a long time before his father eased up and started letting him have more fun. He still has his faithful bodyguard, that everyone called his "Nanny" and his father's assistant Natalie.

It always made Adrien laugh when his best friend Nino would text him, 'Is your Nanny coming with us today?'

Today he was able to reply, 'Not today'.

He quickly took a shower before he woke up his Kwami, Plagg, who tended to sleep all day long if he let him. He reached into his mini fridge and pulled out Plagg's favorite kind of cheese, waving it in front of his nose.

Plagg's eyes quickly opened, slightly tearing up.

"Plagg?" Adrien asked. "What's wrong?"

"I was having a nightmare that Hawk Moth stole all of the Camembert in Paris..." he said whipping the tears from his eyes. "I'm so glad it was a dream." He quickly took the piece from Adrien's hand, stuffing the whole thing in his mouth.

Adrien laughed. Even though he didn't like smelling like cheese all of the time, he was really happy that he had Plagg. He was the first friend he had made, technically. Then Nino. And then Marinette.

He smiled as he remembered the first few days of school last year. Everything had gone terribly wrong. His childhood friend Chloe, had made things worse for him by being her usual self and causing trouble for their classmate, Marinette, by putting gum on her seat.

He wasn't sure how to fix things with Marinette, since she thought he had been part of it. But he learned that if he stayed true to himself and spoke to her honestly, then it would work out. Thanks to Nino's advice, who had been friends with her for a longtime.

They had been standing on the front steps of the school, it was raining and Marinette didn't have an umbrella. He apologized once more, assuring her he was removing the gum and nervous about going to school for the first time. She stared at him for a moment. He smiled and offered her his umbrella, unable to control the laughter as the umbrella closed over her head, She laughed with him.

After that encounter, she was different around him. Not as stand-offish as she had been in the beginning, more timid. He didn't mind how honest she had been, in a way it reminded him of his Lady. Ladybug was very brutally honest with him.

He found her stubborn and amazing. One day, he would meet her without the mask, he hoped. Until then he just needed to make it through high school in one piece.

He laughed out loud at himself.