Chapter 19 - Satisfactory Or Unsatisfactory?

Começar do início

"Idiots."

It went quite as Arthur spotted Michael from behind him and put his gun away along with John as smirks appeared on their faces, not knowing that Michael was in fact her son and not her new boy toy.

"All right then, Polly." Arthur said and the two started sniggering. "Who's this?"

"Gentlemen, this is your cousin. Polly's son, Michael." Thomas announced and the two stopped laughing, straitening their backs as Michael stepped forward with his arm outstretched.

"Pleased to meet you." Michael said genuinely.

"John."

"I'm Arthur. You've already met me." He said, his mood deflating a bit and Lillian thought that Arthur sounded a little disappointed about who he actual was, then again, she knew that Arthur probably wanted him to be her knew boy toy to take the piss out of. "I used to throw you out of the window, so John could catch you."

"I used to put you in a shoebox and kick you down Watery Lane." John piped up.

"Good to know that if I ever have children you will not be babysitting." She told the boys before looking at Michael. "I bet you're glad to be back."

"I don't remember any of it. All I remember is the day they took me away." Michael replied, and it went silent as Polly gave him a hug.

"Well, you're here now, son. Welcome to the Shelby family." Thomas said with a small smile on his face.

"Later on, we'll show you the ropes." Arthur told him.

"Yeah, we'll show you what's what." John said, and Polly looked at Thomas.

"Let's leave him be for now, eh? Come on, boys." He said, and the two boys nodded.

"Nice suit." Arthur commented, and Lillian nodded.

"I know right, his bow tie makes him look adorable." She gushed, and the boys stopped to look at her and she rolled her eyes.

"What its true, I said he could wear another suit, but he was adamant on keeping this one."

"Didn't want to cause any more bother than I already had."

"Please out of this lot you're the one that doesn't cause any bother." Lillian smiled at him.

"How do you know he was here?" Arthur asked.

"Cause on my way home from the pub last night, I saw him sitting in the street and let him stay at mine cause I knew none of you were returning any time soon." She explained with a shrug before looking at Thomas with a sarcastic smile. "Forgot to ask but how were your whores last night?" The room went silent, Arthur smirking to the side of her as she squinted her head to the side.

"Satisfactory or unsatisfactory?" She questioned, John and Arthur sniggering away as Thomas stared at her without emotion and she stared back. It went on for a while before Thomas came up with a comeback.

"Trying to get Michael into your bed, eh? Had to have someone warm your bed after me." Thomas said, and Lillian nodded.

"Yeah we had a nice good fuck Thomas, right where we did, only it was so much better than you." She replied, lying through her teeth but she couldn't help but enjoy the anger that flashed through his eyes as she smiled. "Calm down, I'm only takin the piss and I've had a lot of men warm my bed, who were so incredibly good that I still dream about it at night." She bit her lip, moaning quietly into his ear before she walked past him with a strut in her step.

"Oh, she's fucking good Tommy, left you fuckin speechless." Arthur laughed, clapping his hands as he followed her, John quickly following behind and a reluctant Tommy, leaving Michael and Polly in the kitchen together as they watched them go.