Untitled Part 3

Tony loved Peter. He really did. But right now all Tony wanted to do was go to the bathroom without hearing the boy breakdown in tears thinking he'd left. He just wanted a break.

He couldn't leave Peter in his crib anymore, he always managed to climb out and into his bed. So that's why when he cracked his eyes open he came face to face with a sleeping toddler instead of his fiancé he didn't react. He just stretched over the kid and tapped the women on the nose. She snorted and huffed. "Again?" She mumbles, sitting up on her elbows and rubbing her eyes. "I thought we put the crib cover on last night?" She asks and Tony grunts tiredly.

"We did. He broke it open" He mutters, flinching as the boy squirmed and landed a kick in his stomach. "This is getting too much Pep. It's been 3 days and he's still not stopping." He mutters, rubbing his face. "I need to get dressed." He mutters sliding out of the bed to grab his jeans and shirt before starting to dress. Peter let out a small whimper in his sleep that Pepper was quick to sooth.

"I know Tony. But you know he gets like this, if he's five or fifteen he's going to be clingy. That's the fun of separation anxiety." She mumbles, watching the man dress.

"I know Pep, I know" He pauses as he pulls the shirt over his head. "I love the kid, I really do but the only reason I was able to come back so quickly was because I promised to work from home. I can't do that with Peter crying anytime I take out my phone or turn on my laptop." He shimmies his boxers off and pulls on a clean pair, balling up the old pair and throwing them into the waste basket like a basketball. "Could you not take him and Bucky out somewhere? Toy store or something just so I can get this shit done for the all mighty Nicky Fury" He grunts, pulling his jeans up. Pepper just looks at him, a small smile on her lips and she spoke with a clear attempt not to be condescending.

"And what happens when he realises you aren't coming with him? We have to deal with a crying baby all over again. Bucky's getting jealous. He might deny it but I've seen him staring Peter out when you're holding him, it's cute but soon there'll be a fight and then what? You just let them at it?" She questions and Tony snorts a bit in amusement.

"No, what we're going to do is this. You and Steve are taking Peter out for the day, take him around shops and such, get him toys and anything your hearts desire. I'm going to stay here, work and spend time with the jealous Winter Snowflake." He grunts a bit as the boy starts to shift to awareness, Pepper pulls the boy into her lap as he blinks tiredly. His gaze locked onto Tony and his arms immediately sprung forward.

"Oh wow I'm so loved." She comments with a sour face. Pepper brushes the boys hair back a bit and he whines a bit. "Baby boy, Daddy's got to get ready for the day." She comments, Peter turns the biggest pair of puppy dog eyes onto Pepper and sniffs loudly.

"Da'de" He comments and Pepper tries not to sigh. 

"He's going to stay here, don't worry about that. But me, you and Steve are going toy shopping! Isn't that exciting?" Pepper tries to make the boy enthustiastic but Peter just lets out a pitiful sniffle. "Wow. Great. Glad to see you so happy." She says sarcastically as she lifts the boy up and onto her hip to get him ready for the day. During his and Pepper's talk Tony had sneaked out the room to inform Steve of the plan so they where alone right now. "Can you tell me why you're being so clingy lately baby?" She asks and sighs when she just gets a stubborn head shake. "Ok, fine we won't talk right now" She mumbles, getting the boy changed and dressed into a cute pair of jeans and a t-shirt. She glanced over to the door to see Steve looking in, already dressed to blend in with people. Pepper snorts and hands the whimpering child off to Steve so she can do the same.

"Da'de." Peter mumbles as she walks away, Steve sighs finding it hard not to feel a little heart broken for the boy.

"He'll be here when we get back. We won't be in town long, promise" He grins at the boy who just looks sullen.