Fate

So, I'd like to start off by apologizing for not updating this story as frequently anymore. I switches schools recently and adapting to that's been pretty damn hard for socially awkward me. On top of that I've been having a really hard time dealing with my own feelings and darkness (how Betty Cooper) lately. Buuuutttt, here's another chapter! Hopefully I can be more active soon.

--

Help out fate a little...

Quinn was pretty confused to say the least. As head cheerleader and pretty much the HBIC of McKinley High, she knew she could change a lot of damn things. For example, she could start any clothing trend, she could bring down anyone's rep in the blink of an eye and she could throw a slushee in any student's face. Things were easily changed, that was a fact for her.

But if she'd learned anything in her boring RE classes, it had been that fate was the one thing that you needed to leave alone. Not fuck with. Especially not change.

How would she even change fate? Or help it for Gods sake?!

The blonde looked at the brunette once more, who was lying peacefully still.

Fate had to be changed, that Quinn knew, because no matter how bad their history may have been, it was Rachel. And if someone deserved to live, it was her.

--

"You're not high, right? Because you know what happens when Schue finds weed in your locker, we've seen it happen before and it ain't happening again."

Finn winced slightly at the memory as Quinn sighed at her friends antics.

"Cedes, this is serious business! The doctor said it loud and clear, I need to help out fate!"

Mercedes sighed and took one of Quinn's hands in her own, straddling it slowly as she locked eyes with her.

"Quinn, you know I love you like a sister, but you and Rachel have been enemies for as long as we can remember. Don't take this the wrong way but... why do you care so much?"

The truth is, Quinn wasn't sure of that either. It's not like she could actually stand the girl... She had stolen Finn away from her, and she dressed like RuPaul if he got extremely high the night before a show.

"I- I don't know. Just please help me out, guys. It's killing me for some reason, not seeing Rachel every day."

Artie pressed his lips together sympathetically, silently agreeing with Quinn's thoughts as he pushed a strand of golden hair behind the blonde's ear.

"I get it, Quinn. Maybe try talking to her? When I was watching Dr. Phil last week someone mentioned people in coma may be able to hear everything around them! Tell her about how you feel, how much you miss her and how much you need her to be here, it could change something. It could change fate."

Quinn clapped her hands excitedly, choosing to ignore the fact that Artie watches Dr. Phil.

"You're right! Ugh, of course you are!" The cheerleader ran out of the room, whistling happily.

Mercedes shared a short glance with Artie. "You're thinking what I'm thinking, right?"

Artie chuckled playfully. "She's whipped."

--

Quinn's gaze was on Rachel, slowly breathing in and out.
She didn't know what to say, what could she even say?
"Hey, Rachel. I know you hate my guts, and I know I bullied you for two whole years. I told you to leave town more times than I can remember, but I really need you to come back now!"

It didn't make any sense, none of it did. So what if Rachel could hear her? She would never believe it.

Quinn grabbed Rachel's hand that was sticking out from under her soft blanket, tracing the back of it with her thumb.

"Um. I don't know what to say..." Quinn chuckled dryly at herself.

Come on, Fabray. Man the hell up!

"Listen, Berry. I'm just going to say it. I really, really miss you. God, i never though I'd ever say that. But I do. I find myself thinking about you a lot, a lot more times than I'd like to admit. I think about how much I hurt you in the past, how I made your life miserable at school, and now you're here. And what am I supposed to say? I'm sorry. I really am, and when you wake up, which you will, I would understand if you wouldn't want to forgive me. But you have to know that you mean so much to me. I may not show it in the ways that I need to, but trust me. Please wake up, Rachel. You have so much life left inside of you, I don't want it to end."

The blonde slowly let go of Rachel's hand. She took one last look at the girl before standing up and walking towards the door. She turned her head, hoping to see that Rachel's eyes would be open. But they weren't, and Quinn was reminded again of how unfair life really could be.

"I know you can do this, Rachel. You're the strongest girl I've ever met."