Sugar, We're Going Down Swingin'

"Sorry, Rach."

Finn apologized, but he didn't seem to be moved at all.
Rachel sighed into the phone, hoping it would give Finn a sign that she wasn't okay with this. He had been blowing her off for more than two months now, and Rachel was getting sick of it.

"You know you can't keep apologizing forever, right?"

Rachel's soft voice broke in the middle of the sentence. Those words said a lot more to both of them then they should have, a shiver went down Rachel's spine at the meaning of it. Finn was keeping secrets from her, and deep inside, the brunette didn't even want to know what those secrets were.

"I- listen, I have to go now. I'll see you at school, Rachel. Bye."

Before Rachel could even mutter a small goodbye, Finn had hung up. Of course Finn had noticed her silent pain, but the boy would always choose to ignore it and act like the world was a happy, carefree place. Popularity would always win in a battle between the broken brunette and itself, and that fact was one of the main causes of Rachel's heartache. Her own boyfriend would never choose her, he'd rather use her for his own good and then leave the diva to try and pick up her own scattered pieces.

A single tear made it's way down the diva's cheek, falling on the empty paper below her on the bed. That moment Rachel prayed that someone would see her pain soon, and try to help her through them.

---

Santana almost laughed when she saw Finn, surely on the edge of kicking another innocent chair to it's death.

"You're just so damn naïve, Rachel!"

The grief in his voice could be hear from meters away, resulting in Rachel's face falling immediately. It had been a bad idea to mention his lack of attention towards her to Finn after all, he wouldn't appreciate it.

"You live in this fairytale world where all that exists is glee, broadway and singing! Well guess what, that stuff means nothing! Of course you would start getting depressed, you won't ever make it in this goddamn world! Please just stop being such a diva and let other people have some damn starlight too! The world doesn't revolve around you, Rachel!"

Finn had been screaming frantically, waving his arms around to make sure she knew he was very serious about what he was telling her. Rachel stood rooted to her spot in the choir room, her body shaking as Finn's cold stare penetrated her. It didn't register to her that people had been walking into the room, excited to watch the show in front of them. Finn pointed his finger to Rachel, face stone cold.

"I'm done. I can't handle all of your sh*t anymore, Rachel. We're- we're over."

Finn kicked over the first chair that he saw, looking at his teammates shocked faces. The boy's forceful gaze fell on Rachel and he huffed, a small smirk creeping on his face.

"Have fun being sad alone."

---

The hallways suddenly seemed a lot longer as Rachel ran through them as fast as possible, only stopping in front of her car. She frantically searched through her bag for her keys, desperate to get out of the first place that ever made her worthless. She opened the door and threw her head on the steer, trying to keep herself together while people were still around. The brunette started the car and drove towards a little park near her house, the area that made her the happiest of all places. She sat down one of the swing situated there and gripped the metal tightly in her small hand.

Memories of her dads pushing her on them made their way in her head. Those were the times she was carefree, no sadness was known in her little world, smiles would grace her young face daily. Small Rachel's dark brown hair would wave in the wind as she swung on that same swing, her dads watching proudly as their daughter's happiness shined brightly.

When that feeling of happiness would come back to her, the diva didn't know. A humorless laugh escaped her throat, would that feeling even come back at all?