Talk with Soda

I blink my eyes and for a second, forget where I am.

I'm even more shocked when I realize that Two-bits arm is wrapped around my waist as my head was resting on his chest.

I couldn't turn around, or I would be facing him and it would be even more awkward if he woke up.

Panicking, I close my eyes and pray that I can fall back asleep.

A little while later, I hear Two-bit begin to wake up, but I stayed silent and didn't move.

After a minute or two, he gets up and walks to the bathroom.

I flop on my back, relieved, but I'm freaking out inside.

I can't ever mention that, can I?

He probably wouldn't even remember. If I ever say a word about it, he'll think I'm crazy.

'Oh yeah, Two-bit, I woke up and you were practically cuddling me.'

Yeah, like that would go over well.

I rolled out of bed, grabbing some clothes from my backpack and sat on the edge of the bed, waiting for him to leave the bathroom so I could get ready.

He strolls our a few minutes later, wearing a Mickey shirt and jeans, the usual.

"Mornin, Shay." He smiles saying as he walks right past me.

I smiled back, feeling my cheeks go red as I go to change in the bathroom, "Morning."

I come out later wearing skinny jeans and a black high top converse with my favorite polka dot shirt.

Two-bit always tells me it reminds him or Minnie Mouse, and that may or may not be the reason I'm wearing it.

I put my hair into a ponytail and tied it with a black bandana.

I could hear Two-bit call from the kitchen, "What do ya want for breakfast?"

I respond, coming into the kitchen, "Whatever you've got is fine with me."

"Hmm..." he says shuffling through a messy cabinet, "How about eggs?"

I smiled as he begins to cook, "Sounds good."

I couldn't take my eyes off of him while he was cooking. I couldn't help myself.

He's adorable no matter what he's doing, he's perfect to me...

Hey! Don't judge me. What would you do if you were staying at your crush's house and he's making you breakfast.

Two-bit looks at me as I suddenly ask, "Huh? What?"

He chuckles and asks, "Do you want your eggs scrambled?"

I reply laughing afterwards, "Oh yeah that's fine...sorry."

He finally finished making breakfast without burning the house up.

I laugh saying, "This is weird that we're not eating chocolate cake."

He nods in agreement, "Very strange."

"So," I say, swallowing my bite of breakfast, "what're you going to do today?"

He shrugs, "The whole gang is going to the drive in movie tonight. Want to go?"

I smile looking at my plate then into his eyes, "Course I do."

"Good, I was hoping you would say that." He responds, and my heart begins to beat faster.

Don't think about it, I say to myself, don't think about this morning.

"Why are you smiling so much?"
Two-bit suddenly chuckled, as I look up at him.

I then chuckle back, "Nothing...hey, wanna head to the Curtis house?"

"Alright." He says, grabbing his leather jacket. "Let's go." He then smiled gently holding my lower back as he ushers me forward and out the door.

I then bite my lip to hold back another grin. Ugh, I truly can't keep myself together today.

We begin to walk down the street, and I decided to talk to Soda about Two-bit.

He's good with love, right? I figured if anyone can help, it'd be him.

When we approached the Curtis house, I walk immediately up to Soda.

"Hey, Soda, I need to ask ya something." I say quietly.

"Alright, go for it." He responded casually.

I paused looking at the boys, "Uh..
Two-bit needs to leave before I do."

He looks at me funny, but then nods. "I'll get him and Steve to go get something."

I nod then went and laid upside down on the couch.

In seconds, Steve and Two-bit ran out of the kitchen and out of the house.

Soda then came out of the kitchen and sat beside me, "So, what's going on, Shay?"

I sighed sitting back upright and asked, "Hmm I don't know like do you know if Two-bit likes me?"

I asked him right away and even though I was scared of his answer I decided it would be best to get it out of the way.

He then gave me a confused look and said, "Shaylin, are ya kidding me? You two are now living together, and you guys are best friends of course he likes you."

I then said in a more duh tone, "mmm not like that. I mean like...like."

His eyes lighted up after I said that and he surprisingly said, "Oooooohhhh."

He then looks at me smirking and said, "Shaylin."

I felt my cheeks turn red as I groaned , "Great, that means no."

He then grabbed my arm before I had a chance to leave and said, "No, Shaylin, wait a second. I don't mean no.

I was just thinking to myself. I never knew you liked him like that. I always thought he'd be the one liking you, and you just wouldn't feel the same."

I ask a little surprised, "You think he likes me...really?"

He says to me now in the duh tone, "Shaylin, he's pretty easy to read."

I sighed to myself and mumble, "That's what his mom said to. I just don't know what to do. He'll probably never ask me out."

Soda then laughs saying, "Shaylin, don't sweat it. He likes you it's going to be alright."

I ask him, "You really mean that, Soda?"

He then nods and I say, "Thanks."

Just in time to, Steve and Two-bit jog right back inside the house.

Is what everyone saying is true? Is it possible he likes me?

I look down to see I was still standing up, and Soda never even let go of my arm.

I saw Two-bit's face so I immediately pulled my arm away.

I wish Two-bit would be more open with his feelings for me.

Ugh, this is the longest summer ever!

Thanks for Reading!
Stay Tuned for More!
~Stay Gold
-Ascool_114