Louis can't help but break into a smile then. He takes his arm off of Emma and runs his fingers through Harry's hair. "I love you too," Louis says, voice raspy. Harry grabs Louis' wrist and kisses the back of his hand. "Maybe...you should leave w-while my family comes."

Harry furrows his eyebrows. "What? Why?" He asks confusedly, keeping Louis' hand near his lips.

"Because, you could use some time for yourself," Louis points out. "I'll be fine, the kids will be fine. C-Call Gemma and get your nails done or hair done or something."

"Are you sure?" Harry asks quietly.

"I don't think I can live with this for much longer," Louis nods towards Harry's appearance. Which, yeah, isn't it's best. He hasn't really been keeping up with it lately.

Harry gapes at Louis before gently smacking his arse. "Oi!" He exclaims while Louis chuckles. Louis holds his arm out to him, and Harry rolls his eyes and climbs up his body further so his head is resting against Louis' chest.

"You know I th-think you're beautiful, Haz," Louis kisses the top of Harry's head. "I think it'd be good for you to do something for yourself, you know?"

"Okay," Harry whispers with a nod. "Okay, I'll call Gemma and ask if she's free. Your family's coming around four."

"Lou, your mum's here," Harry says softly as he walks into the room, picking Emma up off the bed. Jay is standing in the doorway, looking solemn. Harry leans down and kisses Louis' forehead. "'M going to meet Gemma at the nail place. Call if you need anything. I love you."

"I-I love you too," Louis whispers, grabbing Harry by the collar of his jumper and pulling him down to press a kiss to his lips. They separate, and Harry grins. He turns around and gives Jay a kiss on the cheek before leaving, and Jay comes in.

"Hi, sweet boy," She says softly, sitting on the edge of the bed. Louis gives her a weak smile, and she takes his hand in her own. "I'm sorry I haven't been visiting you. Fizzy couldn't be here, she had an exam."

"'S okay," Louis assures. "I know how b-busy you all are, Mum."

Jay smiles shakily, already sniffling as Louis squeezes her hand. "You don't deserve this, baby," Jay says, voice wavering. "Any of this. I'm so sorry."

"Mummy," Louis says quietly, frowning. "I've lived a pretty amazing life. There's been b-b-bumps in the road, one big one, actually, but 've got an amazing mother and a beautiful husband and t-two gorgeous daughters. That's all I could ever ask for."

"Oh, Louis," Jay's eyes are teary. "Oh, baby boy, I love you so much."

"I love you too," Louis whispers, and he refuses to get emotional. "Please take care of yourself, Mum. And ch-check in on my husband every once and awhile."

"Of course," Jay nods, wiping her eyes. Louis twists his mouth.

"You know how you used to tell me your patients would have 'the surge'?" Louis asks. "Like, a surge of energy before they died?" Jay nods. "I think this is mine."

Jay nods slowly, letting out a slow breath."Okay," She exhales, wiping her eyes again. "That's okay, baby."

"I shouldn't h-have said that," Louis sighs. "I'm sorry."