Fourteen

"Agh," Harry sighs, hearing Emma start to cry next to him. She's only been asleep for like twenty minutes. He can feel Louis shift as well, making him sigh again.

He slowly sits up and leans over, gently taking Emma out of her cot. He cradles her with a weary smile when she calms down as soon as he picks her up. Probably just wanted some attention.

Harry hears a soft "Baby?" From next to him. He glances over to see Louis with his eyes still closed.

"Yeah, but I've got it," Harry says lowly, smiling as he runs his fingers through the soft hairs on the top of Emma's head. They're starting to curl at the ends.

"Hungry?"

"No, just lonely, I think."

Louis nods, finally opening his eyes and immediately smiling at the sight of Harry cradling Emma. "Beautiful," He whispers.

"Isn't she?" Harry asks, smiling widely when Emma lets out a hiccup. Louis just shakes his head and points to him.

"Both," Louis says, patting Harry's knee. Harry beams, the moonlight peaking through the window shining onto Louis' face and showing his fond smile.

"I think she's asleep," Harry says softly, letting out a breath of relief. He leans down and presses a very soft kiss to Emma's forehead before gently laying her back in her cot. Harry smiles when he doesn't hear her shift, meaning she'll stay asleep for a while.

"Harry," Louis croaks after a second. Harry looks over to Louis, who's eyebrows are furrowed and cheeks are pink. "Washroom."

Harry gets the hint and nods, slowly getting out of bed. He winces a bit, still achy from the birth. He does eventually make his way to Louis' side of the bed, lifting him up bridal style and carrying him toward the washroom.

"S-Some...day," Louis says quietly, making Harry stop walking and look at him. "W-Will do my-self."

That one sentence breaks Harry's heart. "I know, love," Harry says quietly, continuing to walk toward the washroom. "You're getting there." He's quiet for a moment. "Do you...do you want, like, physical therapy? Is that something you would be interested in?"

Louis gives Harry a single nod, and Harry can't help but smile wearily. "Okay. I'll look into it," He mumbles, carrying Louis into the washroom. He uses one hand to keep Louis upright and the other to yank down his pyjama pants and boxers. Louis blushes–he's embarrassed no matter how many times they've had to go through this.

Harry then lowers Louis onto the toilet, holding his hips so he stays sitting up. They avoid eye contact until Louis is done. Harry cleans him up, pulls his pants and pyjama pants up, and has them both wash their hands.

"C'mon, we should get some sleep before she wakes up again," Harry mumbles, lifting Louis up again and carrying him to the bedroom. He lays Louis down before walking over to his side and practically flopping down into bed.

"Goodnight," Harry mumbles. Louis doesn't reply, instead forcing his arm to reach over and grab Harry's waist, pulling him closer so he was spooning him.

Harry gasps, his heart fluttering when he realises what Louis had just done. Fuck, Louis hasn't been able to be the big spoon for forever. He's getting emotional as Louis presses a kiss to the back of his neck.

He's so proud of Louis. Look how far he's come.

"Legs," Louis moans as Harry starts to walk out of the kitchen with Emma in his arms. Harry lets out a loud, almost obnoxious sigh.

"Sorry," He mumbles, turning around and walking back to the cabinet, where Louis' painkillers were.

After giving Louis his painkillers and putting Emma back in her cot, Harry trudges back into the kitchen looking positively zombified.

"Okay?" Louis squeaks, a bit scared of setting Harry off somehow. Harry nods, rubbing his eyes and opening the refrigerator.

"'M tired," He admits. Louis nods, biting his lip. He feels really, really bad for Harry. He really wants to walk up to him, wrap his arms around him from behind, kiss his cheek and say "You can take a nap. I've got the baby."

But he can't, because he can't take care of Emma by himself. He's forced to just sit back and watch as Harry does all the work.