Thirty-Four

Addison has been home for a day, and Harry's already having a hard time.

For one, Louis' been throwing up all day. Harry has been taking care of him in between feeding and changing Addison. Emma's been watching the telly and playing with blocks for the majority of the day, with Harry paying some attention to her any chance he gets.

But Addison is perfect, Harry's so happy she's here, despite everything. She looks a lot like Emma when she was a newborn. Louis requests to hold her whenever he gets a break from getting sick, and that's usually when Harry talks to Emma. She's getting more talkative, another thing that Harry's happy about. She knows how to call out for Harry or Louis if she needs something, and she knows a few other words.

"Papa!" Emma calls out from the lounge just as Addison starts to cry. Harry closes his eyes and sighs, looking over to where Louis had just finished getting sick again.

"I can take her," Louis croaks from the bed, giving Harry a weary, yet sympathetic smile. Harry just hands Addison off to him, making sure he's got a good hold of her before walking out of the bedroom and to the lounge. Emma's standing up on the sofa, waiting for Harry to come in.

"We don't stand on the couch, Em," He reminds softly, lifting her up and holding her on his hip. "You hungry, babe?"

"'Nana," Emma replies, resting her head on Harry's shoulder. Harry grins at that–he's got the sweetest little girl in the world.

"You wanna come eat with Daddy and your sister?" Harry asks quietly, setting Emma down on the kitchen floor so he can grab a banana for her.

"Daddy," Emma nods with a bright smile. Harry peels the banana and hands it to her before lifting her up again and carrying her to the bedroom.

Louis' face lights up as soon as Harry comes in with Emma. "Hey, loves," He greets, Harry setting Emma down on the bed with her banana. "Watcha' g-ot there, Emma?"

"'Nana!" Emma shrieks, and Harry shushes her gently. Addison isn't crying anymore, and Harry would like to keep it that way. Emma holds her banana out to Addison, offering it to her and furrowing her eyebrows when Addison ignores her, and Louis laughs.

"Addison c-can't eat bananas quite yet, kiddo," He explains, looking down at the tiny little baby in the arms. "When she's older."

Emma just goes back to eating, and Harry sits next to Louis on the bed, kissing right below his ear. It's peaceful, this moment, and Harry is grateful.

"You doing okay, H?" Louis asks softly, Emma slowly climbing on top of his legs, using one hand to be stable and the other to hold her banana, and crawls over to the side of Louis Addison's not on. She snuggles in between Harry and Louis. They both grin.

"I'm fine," Harry assures, leaning his head on Louis' shoulder. "Just tired."

Louis twists his mouth and nods before smiling. "Our f-family is beautiful," He says softly. Harry nods, turning his head to kiss Louis' neck.

"Yeah, it is," He agrees. "Can't believe two years ago we didn't even have kids."

"I'd take being disabled with kids than being normal with no kids," Louis admits, and Harry smiles wide.

Louis is stubborn.

Harry knows this, and yet he still tries to convince Louis that he is not well enough to have their friends over, and what if he starts throwing up when they're there? How will they explain that?

"Maybe we sh-should just tell them then," Louis shrugs. Harry freezes, blinking at Louis a few times before sighing.

"Do you-" Harry closes his eyes. "They're going to treat us both differently, you know that. I thought you didn't want that."