Halloween Dance

[Remus' POV]

     I woke up at around 5 o'clock in the morning in a cold sweat. Everything felt hazy, and I laid in my bed, confused for a few moments.

Then I remembered what happened yesterday.

I finally kissed (Y/N) but then James and Sirius walked in... and ruined it. They ruined my first kiss and ruined my chance of finally being able to call the girl I loved for so long mine.

I wiped my runny nose with the side of my hand and slowly began to sit up. As soon as my head left the pillow, I had a sharp, searing pain jolt through a my temples.

I groaned as I slowly got out of bed and rummaged through my nightstand drawers to find my migraine medicine.

The sun was rising and I heard the soft flutter of owl wings. There is no way I'm able to go back to sleep, I thought, as I took the medicine with a gulp of water.

The boys were all sleeping peacefully in their beds which irritated me.

James and Sirius, looking ever so cozy and comfortable, had no idea that they had ruined everything I had been hoping for. Not only that - they also broke (Y/N)'s heart.

I felt terrible - I wanted to see her and explain everything. But, like Lily, she was hard headed - she wouldn't want to listen to my explanation. It's not like I blamed her. It'd take me a bottle of Felix Felicis to get her to even breathe in my direction again.

I sighed deeply and massaged my temples as I headed out of my dorm to the Common Room.

To my surprise - someone was already there - sleeping a few feet away from the fireplace.

I walked closer and furrowed my eyebrows, then suddenly widened my eyes - it was (Y/N).

My heart leaped as I saw her puffy eyes and red nose. She looked like she had been crying for hours, and it seemed she had just been much too exhausted to climb back upstairs to her dorm.

My heart ached when I saw her like that. I started to quietly cry as I brushed her hair from her face. This was all my doing - this misconception that I only wanted her for her looks - is that what I had portrayed to James and Sirius? That I was like them?

She started to stir in her sleep and I moved back - I didn't want to wake her up. Merlin knows what time she fell asleep last night - I wasn't about to ruin her morning as well.

I sat there for a few seconds, dried tears sticking to my face. I finally leaned forward and kissed her cheek.
Knowing she would never want to speak to me ever again, this was the last time I'd be this close to her.

"I love y-you s-so mu-uch," I stammered quietly as I got up and disappeared back upstairs to my dormitory.

[Your POV]

I woke up at around 6 o'clock in the morning and realized I had fallen asleep, crying, in the Common Room.

Oh, Merlin, I thought to myself as I rubbed my eyes and got up from the hard carpeted floor, please tell me no one saw me crying. That would be so embarrassing. I'm already embarrassed enough as it is.

I remembered what had happened last night. I finally got my first kiss - with the boy I had loved for so long. It was the best few minutes of my life, being with him.

But then, they walked in, and revealed the disgusting truth, Remus only wanted me for my looks and body. Only to snog.

I sniffed and arched my back - that carpet was not comfortable.

I felt so tired of everything - Remus, the Marauders, feeling like I was special to someone. I put my face in my hands as a headache started.

I groaned and decided it was best to get up. It was Saturday, thankfully, and I could laze around all day and stay in bed. The last thing I wanted to do was to go up a flight of stairs, but Lily was an early bird - if she came downstairs and saw my tear streaked face and frizzy hair from sleeping in the floor, she'd have questions - ones that I was not ready to answer.

I got up to my feet slowly and dragged myself upstairs.

[Remus' POV]

     I saw (Y/N) once today, at breakfast, but she wasn't looking at me. Judging by the fact that I didn't see her for the rest of the day, she was either laying in bed or avoiding me completely. 'Surprisingly.'

I was so furious at James and Sirius that I ignored and avoided them the whole day. They looked hurt and confused but I really couldn't have cared less. Besides, they were better off without me anyways, probably planning some stupid prank for Halloween.

Halloween was tomorrow, and I had completely forgotten about that until I was studying in the library and heard two Slytherin girls gossiping about who Lucius Malfoy would ask to the Halloween dance.

My shoulders tensed as I knew that there was no way that I'd be able to ask (Y/N) to the dance after what happened last night.

I zoned out for a few moments until I heard (Y/N)'s name in the Slytherins' conversation.

"Yeah, I heard that Lucius really wants to snog her," the freckle-faced Slytherin scoffed, "but she's not even pretty. She doesn't deserve Lucius."

"He doesn't even like her," replied the Slytherin with braided hair, "he just wants to snog, I heard. But ugh, imagine! Having Lucius wanted to snog you."

My eyes widened alarmingly fast. I slammed my book shut so loudly that Braids and Freckles looked at me, startled.

I stormed out of the library, fuming. That misogynistic little jerk wanted (Y/N) only for her body. He'd probably ask her to the dance tomorrow and she'd think that he was actually interested in her.

I thought wildly as I remembered that she was friends with Snape. She trusted the Slytherins. She liked them. I had to warn her not to fall for Malfoy. But how?

~
06.11.18
w/c; 1,045
••
Guess who's back & better than ever! I'm kind of proud of this chapter, it's the longest I've written in a while. How do you guys like the fic so far? If you're still keeping up with this, you deserve some kind of award. Thank you a million times ( & for 3k+ reads! That's insane!)

Love you all.

emma x