Sirius The Matchmaker

[edit; YALL I GOT 220 READS IN 11 DAYS. FROM 343 VIEWS TO 563. IM SO SHOOK THANK YOU. OMG. ps sorry my last chapter was so cringey asdsjaksjsjs]

[Sirius' POV]

I really thought I was a genius. I was actually a bloody genius. If I wasn't so caught up in impressing every girl I meet, I would play matchmaker for everyone at Hogwarts. First (Y/N) and Remus, next...

Evans and Potter.

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY, I thought to myself, if Lily found out I was trying to set her up with Potter, AGAIN, I think she would shank me.

I thought for a moment.

Well, it's worth a try. What've I got to lose? (a/n as you can see, Sirius is a hardcore Jily stan)

I decided to head out of the dorm to find James when somebody knocked on the door.

Surprisingly, it was (Y/N).

I motioned for her to come in and sit beside me on my bed and she was red and flushed, it looked like she had run a marathon.

"What's the problem, love?" I asked gently.

"I need to tell you something... because honestly, out of all the Marauders, I trust you the most. Second to Remus," a small smile appeared on her lips when she said Remus.

I threw my head back in laughter.

"Me? You trust me? Interesting choice," I continued to laugh until I saw her shooting daggers at me with her eyes.

"I'm not kidding, this is - "

"Sirius," I finished off for her, proud of the wordplay I'd used.

She took a deep breath.

"Don't make fun of me, okay? Oh, and, I swear on Merlin, if you tell anyone, Sirius Orion Black, I will take James' broomstick and shove it so far up your - "

"Easy, princess, I got it. I won't tell anyone," I huffed.

"Okay, well. About the fake dating thing. I kind of... feel uncomfortable and I don't know what to do because, well, I - kindasortamaybehaveaveeeeerysmallcrushonRemus," she said very quickly.

Silence for a moment...

"YOU WHAT? OH MY MERLIN, OH MY MERLIN, (Y/N) HAS A BLOODY CRUSH ON REMUS BLOODY LUPIN!" I pounced like a crazy five year old until (Y/N) seized me by the leg, causing me to fall off the bed.

She looked apologetic at first but then stuck her nose in the air.

"That's what you get for screaming so loud that DURMSTRANG COULD HEAR YOU," she glared at me as she helped me up.

I clutched my wrist, which ached pretty badly, but that didn't stop me from annoying (Y/N) with questions.

[Your POV]

"So you like my mate Remus, huh? How long have you liked him? Have you told him? How's the fake dating going?" he asked me.

I was pretty bewildered and didn't know where to start, so I just said the first thing that came to my mind.

"Doesn't really matter, does it? There's still that Ravenclaw girl that you said is attaching herself onto him. I haven't seen Remus all day," I stutter.

That's when Sirius's eyes started to widen and his cheeks started to turn red. He looked down, still clutching his wrist.

"Siriusss," I said, in a dangerously low tone, "what the hell is going on?"

"Aha, well. Funny story, (Y/N/N). I kind of made the girl up so you and Remus would get closer and start to date, you see, Remus likes you too - "

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK, I SWEAR TO MERLIN, YOU TRIED TO - wait what?" my heart was racing a mile a minute.

"Yeah, he likes you and I made up a story about some Hufflepuff guy liking you so Remus would fake date you as well and I just really want to see you two together," he said, breathlessly, "so please don't kill me."

My face softened.

"You really did that for me? For us? Oh, Sirius, I could, I could kiss you!" I stuttered.

He smirked.

"Wait, no, sorry, that was me being in the moment." I added hastily.

He fake pouted.

"Listen, (Y/N), I'll help you date Remus if you promise not to tell him any part of this conversation," he said quickly.

I huffed. "Why not?"

"Because, Remus gets really shy around girls and ends up avoiding them when he finds out they're attracted to him. You can't just straight up tell him. You have to let him figure out his feelings." he patiently explained.

"Okay, fine." I sighed, "so I go on about my business, 'fake dating' Remus, and you'll be helping me help him realize his feelings for me?" I asked, kind of desperately.

"On one condition," he stated, "you have to help me make Lily realize her feelings for James," he said, seriously.

"Wha- whaaat? She, she doesn't like James, I don't know what you're talking about..." I muttered.

"Oh, please," he scoffed. "That's the biggest lie I've heard since Regulus promised me as a kid that we'd always stay close together."

"Uh - I, okay, I'll do my part and you'll do yours. Deal?" I said.

He looked at me solemnly.

"Deal."

~
03/19/18
word count ; 852
hey guys, I'm sorry for the boring chapter and that I haven't uploaded in weeks, I got lazy because of my one week break from school. Also, keep your eyes peeled because I'm working on another fic as well, a Ron x Reader! So, how are you guys liking the story so far ;) hold on to your wigs cause the next couple of chapters are gonna be heatedddd...

emma x