"You heard us talking one night." I say. Why are all the adults around here so dramatic.

"Well that too." He says with shrug.

"When everything is calmed down. When mom feels more at peace with everything, then we'll tell people. Until then, we're taking time to get to know each other." I say explaining our predicament.

"I agree." Axe says.

"Have you kissed yet." Whiskey asks looking between the two of us.

"Not yet. Why?" Axe asks, furrowing his brows.

"If you two don't soon, your wolves are going to freak out and start pushing you two to. Eventually, they'll take over and at least kiss. It's a way to ensure that you are not rejecting each other." Whiskey explains looking between the two of us with a grin on his face.

"You said 'at least kiss'. Do you mean they may do more?" I ask.

"They wouldn't mark each other. At least not without human consent, but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't officially accept each other in the eyes of Luna." Whiskey says.

"GUYS! DINNER IS GETTING COLD!" Cassandra shouts up the stairs and we al stand and head down for dinner.

Dinner goes by relatively calmly, with very little discussion. Everyone was so busy enjoying the food, they simply forgot that words were a thing besides the occasional compliments to the chef. After dinner, most of us went back to the office and this time my mother joined us. We did and quick recap of everything discussed before dinner and filled mom in on all that had been discussed. Now for the fun part.

"Mom." I  say to get her attention and she hums in response. "I think we should meet with him. I think you should explain why you never told him about me and I could get a chance to explain why I didn't want him in my life. I never wanted him to know I existed but now that he does, I don't think it would be fair to keep me from him without an explanation."

"I understand where you're coming from. I'll do it for you, my love. I assume you already have a plan?" She asks and I nod before Axe takes over talking.

"The plan is to invite him over to a small cafe we have in our pack and have a conversation in private. The cafe is commonly used for private meetings, so no one will ask questions as too why they are to stay away. This means his pack won't be able to ask questions and he can just say that he was just meeting with me about something." Axe says, making his fingers into a steeple. How very sherlock-ish of him.

"That would work. I'll talk to him  about it tomorrow. We could do it the next day if that works for you." My mother says and Axe agree.

"I'll talk to him. I don't want you interacting with him too much. I may be willing to give him a chance, but I still don't trust him. At least with you." I say wanting to keep mom away from dad until I have a chance to talk to him in private.

"Ok. Just be careful. I know I'm safe from his temper, but I don't know how he's going to take to you." My mother says, her face showing concern. I see Axe look concerned for a second, but he covers it just as quick as it appeared.

~

The meeting didn't last much longer because everyone was tried and most immediately went to bed. I waited an hour and then went to the living room to wait on Axe. It took him a minute more to get to me, and he was dressed in a white tank top and a pair of black basketball shorts like the cliche he is. 

"Hey." He says with a smile on his face.

"Hi."I say letting a smile onto my face. I refuse to keep my stone face on while I'm with him.

"So, quick question, how do you now my grandfather?" He asks after a moment. I knew the question would come up sooner or later. I have no problem answering it.

"When I was young, probably about 4 or so, my mom was looking for work. The pack was under a different alpha and the pack doctor wasn't allowed to train anyone else. My mother was looking for work and went to a bar that your grandfather was in and I went with her because she didn't have anyone to watch me and I was a well behaved child so she trusted me." I say with a half smirk and a chuckle. "I was in my pajamas because it was late and mom went to the back to talk to the manager. I walked over to the bar after mom gave me kiss on the forehead and hopped up onto a stool that was way too big for me and I was sat next to Whiskey."

"He looked at me with this look of utter confusion and raised a brow at me as I ordered a Dr. Pepper from the bartender. They both looked at me with this look that just said 'What in the world is this child doing in a bar?'. I got my Dr. Pepper and Whiskey asked me just that. I explained that my mother was looking for work and was hoping to get a job here. We talked for a little while longer and he dismissed himself for a moment before coming back not two minutes later. Apparently, he'd gone and talk to the manager and demanded that my mom get the job once he saw how respectable she was. The rest is history." I explain, a smile on my face.

"Yeah, Grandpa Whiskey is a pretty cool guy. He's always running around and running his.. Uh.. Business." Axe says, not saying what that business is.

"I know he runs a mafia. I found out when I was 8 and didn't care. Mom didn't either because of how much he's done for us." I say with a  shrug and a smile. He nods his head with a look of amazement on his face.

We talk some more and before I know it it's time for us to go to bed because we both have stuff to do tomorrow. We say goodnight and he kisses me on the tip of my nose, which makes me smile more than I'd care to admit, and as he goes to walk away, I grab his arm, spin him around, and kiss him on the jaw. He looks at me slightly shocked for a moment, but I gave him a smug look and walked away, turning back to wink at him. All in all I say this was a pretty effective day.

____________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading!! I hope you enjoyed the first update with people reading and as I previously said I will be trying to upload regularly but I make no promises. Let me know if you see any mistakes and as always...

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!